Is your Arctis Pro Mic Not Working? That’s alright, you’ll get it fixed easily after going through this post.
SteelSeries is a Danish gaming accessories manufacturer that produces various goods such as headsets, mice, keyboards, joysticks, and other peripherals. SteelSeries headphones are one of their most popular products, and the Arctis series, in particular, has done wonders for the company’s image and reputation.
The Arctis Pro is the most popular, and many professionals have had the opportunity to test them. On the other hand, the headset’s microphone has recently been the subject of several reports of malfunctioning.
Having this problem while gaming may be a nuisance, and we’ll explain why it happens in this piece and provide you with real solutions to guarantee that the problem is entirely removed from your gaming experience.
Why Is SteelSeries Arctis Pro Headset Not Working?
Several problems might contribute to the Arctis Pro not working, and below you will see some of the reasons.
- Located on the headset’s left earcup, behind the volume dial, is a button to activate it. It is unnecessary to click this button for a red light to illuminate the microphone, which indicates that it is muted.
- The headgear has also been updated with a new function. There is a sound card in the packaging with a knob on one side that says Game and another that says Chat. Although this button is by default situated centrally on your keyboard, if you move it to the Game side, you will be unable to hear your teammates’ voice chat messages.
- The headset will not work correctly until the SteelSeries engine has been installed on your computer system. The Arctis Pro headset requires an additional file, which you will be requested to download after installing the engine. This file will then be placed into the engine, which will complete the configuration of your Arctis pro computer system.
- Check that the correct default devices are selected since it has been seen on several occasions that the default device specified in the sound control panel was not the one from Arctis Pro, resulting in the microphone not working correctly.
- When the audio levels of the microphone are not fixed, the microphone may only pick up deafening noises if the audio levels are not modified. So be careful to change the audio settings contained inside the audio control panel to fit your unique requirements.
How To Fix SteelSeries Arctis Pro?
The SteelSeries Arctis Pro Mic can malfunction sometimes, but you can quickly fix it by following these easy steps. It can also be that your headset is not connected well or the Mute button is turned on, so check those first before moving on to more complicated fixes.
1. Proper Microphone Setup
First, you have to make sure that your microphone is turned on correctly. A button on the headset’s left earcup may be located just behind the volume dial, to the right of the volume dial. Unless you push this button, a red light will illuminate the microphone, indicating that the microphone has been muted.
If you do not press this button, the microphone will remain muted. Therefore, it is essential to ensure that the switch is entirely pressed until the red light on your microphone turns off. When this occurs, the microphone will be unmuted, and the conversation will resume. Also read, how to fix steelseries arctis 5 mic not working.
2. SteelSeries Engine Configuration
You must first download and install the SteelSeries Engine on your computer before using the Arctis Pro headset properly. There are many basic configurations that the Headphone requires to make full use of all of its capabilities, and this engine offers them.
As a result, we will be downloading, installing, and configuring the SteelSeries Engine on our PC during this step.
- Download the SteelSeries engine from the official website.
- As soon as the download is complete, run and finish the installation of the engine by utilizing the Setup software.
- Start the SteelSeries Engine, then detach and reconnect the headset with your computer to finalize the connection to finish the procedure.
- When the engine recognizes your headset, just click on the device name that shows on the screen to begin using it immediately.
- After that, from the Device Configurations drop-down menu, pick Live Mic Preview from the list of options.
- Remove the microphone and make an attempt to speak; if the microphone is still connected, you will be able to hear yourself if you talk loudly enough; otherwise, the microphone will not work.
- Specification of choice can be done using the program’s settings, after which the application is minimized.
3. Select Arctis Pro As Default Audio Device
When you first connect the Arctis Pro to your computer, you will discover two devices connected to your computer. The first is referred to as the Arctis Pro Game device, while the second is referred to as the Arctis Pro Chat.
For the headset to function correctly, it must configure these two devices as the default devices on the computer. Consequently, we will select these two devices as the defaults for this phase, and they will be utilized in the following ways:
- To boost the volume, right-click on the Volume icon in the lower right corner of the screen and select Increase Volume.
- Open Sound Settings will appear in the drop-down menu when you select this option.
- Headphones (SteelSeries Arctis Game) should be selected as the output device, and Microphone (SteelSeries Arctis Pro Chat) should be chosen as the input device under the Sound header.
- Verify if the problem persists after you have made the necessary modifications to your system.
4. Adjust Audio Levels
Depending on whether the microphone has been configured to only pick up deafening noises or whether the transmission level of the microphone is deficient, we will change the microphone volume to the user’s desire.
To accomplish this, we will take the following steps:
- Make a right-click on the volume icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to open the context menu.
- Select Sounds from the drop-down menu, then the Recording tab from the drop-down menu.
- Double-clicking the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Chat button will bring up a chat window for you to use.
- In the Preferences window, check that the volume on the Levels tab is greater than 50% of the total volume.
5. Update Audio Drivers
In the case that you are running an incorrect or out-of-date driver for your SteelSeries Arctis Pro, the microphone will not function. As a result, if none of the solutions listed above worked, you might consider updating the driver to see if it addresses the problem.
You have the option of updating your driver manually or automatically. As a result of the manual procedure’s time-consuming, complicated, and possibly dangerous nature, we will not cover it in this section. We also do not recommend it unless you have powerful computer abilities.
To update audio drivers press Windows+S and type device manager. double click on audio inputs and outputs, then update all the drivers by right-clicking on them and selecting update driver.
6. Use Correct Default Format
Mismatched default format can cause your SteelSeries Actis Pro to malfunction, so follow these steps to select the correct default format.
- To launch the Run dialog box, hit the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard at the same time on your keyboard.
- Large icons may be viewed in the Control Panel window by selecting View by Large Icons > Sound.
- Select the Recording tab from the Sound window’s drop-down menu.
- Then select Properties from the context menu of the microphone you are currently using.
- Ensure the Default Format is set to 48000 Hz on the Advanced tab of the program.
The SteelSeries Arctis Pro is known for its premium quality, durable battery, and discord-certified microphone. Sometimes it can malfunction due to some external or internal hiccups. We have tried to gather the best possible solutions in one place for you, so hopefully, one of these will fix whatever issues you are facing with your SteelSeries Actis Pro microphone.
Why is my SteelSeries mic disconnected?
If your SteelSeries mic is disconnected, you need to check your main cables and duel extension cable and correctly plug them on the controller. Also, you can try to match your microphone access.
Why is my Arctis Pro quiet?
It can happen if you have chosen the wrong default device or after a Windows update, your volume sliders were reverted to default.