Is your Razer Kraken headset’s microphone no longer working? Don’t worry, and you are not alone in this. Razer Kraken Mic Not Working is a big problem for all the Razer fans. Numerous people have reported experiencing the same issue at various times–even the first time they were using the headset.
The Kraken is the flagship headset from Razer, which is a powerhouse in the gaming business. It’s substantial, and by significant, we mean approximately 27 centimeters when they are working.
It comes with a simulated surround system as well as superb sound quality, among other features. In terms of popularity, it is currently one of the most widely used headsets on the market.
Steam is among the most well-known gaming platforms, and it is where this problem is most prevalent. Many issues could be causing this behavior, including the wrong installation of drivers or the failure to choose Kraken as your default audio device. Unity has taken note of the problem and is working to find a solution to it.
Please try experimenting with our solutions until that time comes. When it comes to gaming peripherals, Razer makes some of the best on the market. Using these sound systems, anyone may enjoy a fantastic surround-sound audio experience and high-end output sound. We will show you how you can fix the Razer Kraken Microphone.
Why Is Razer Kraken Mic Not Working
Even though the Razer Kraken Gaming Headset is an excellent piece of gear, we found reports online that some customers had problems with the in-built microphones.
We understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to communicate with your gaming mates while playing. Here are some issues why your Razer Kraken headset might have stopped working –
- Microphone mute button malfunction.
- Different default microphones or multiple microphones.
- Mic extension malfunction.
- Outdated or wrong audio drivers.
How To Fix Razer Kraken Mic Not Working
We have tested and found out a few ways to solve the Razer Kraken headset issues.
Here are the steps to fix Razer Kraken mic not working:
1. Turn off the Mute Button
Sometimes you can unknowingly mute yourself and have issues using the Razer Kraken headset. A tiny mute button is located near the volume wheel on the left earpiece’s left earpiece, near the earcup, on the Razer Kraken headphones’ left earpiece.
If you press this button only once, you will be silenced until you press it again to continue communication with the other party. By pressing this button, you can choose whether or not you want to be audible to other players in the game.
2. Examine The Microphone For Any Damage
If you own a Razer Kraken gaming headset, you can check that the microphone extension is slim. Attempting to move the microphone or engaging in unexpected actions while holding it may cause it to malfunction or shatter. Anyone who has a broken microphone will be unable to use it. There are two options for you: either have it replaced under warranty or have it repaired by your supplier.
3. Check Headphone Connetion
It is also possible that the audio input or output devices will stop operating owing to a loose connection. Unlike other wired headsets, the Razer Kraken has a USB connector rather than a 3.5mm pin, making it more convenient to use. If the USB ports are not functioning correctly or are loose, the device may not be recognized. If there is a slack connection, properly push the pin into the microphone, and the microphone should function properly.
4. Check To See If The Microphone Is Turned Off
When you connect the Kraken headset to your computer, the computer recognizes two pieces of hardware: the speaker and the headset microphone. In most cases, laptops come pre-installed with a microphone. This device is responsible for receiving sounds and broadcasting them. In order for the Kraken headset microphone to function as the default device for voice input on your computer, follow these instructions to make the Kraken headset microphone the default device for vocal information.
- Raise the Control Panel window to the top of the screen. You can open this window by selecting it from the Start menu or by selecting the control command from the Run tool.
- Make use of the small drop-down option underneath the Search Control Panel field to change the View by type to Large icons, and then click OK.
- On the Control Panel, you will be able to see all of your settings. Now, select the Sound option from the drop-down menu. Good options can be found in the Control Panel. The Sound dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Select the Recording tab from the tab bar to begin recording. The Audio Devices Properties window is displayed.
- Right-click on a blank spot in the list of devices and select the Show Disabled Devices option from the context menu.
- In the Recording tab, there is an option to display disabled devices. This will display a list of all of the audio inputs on your computer, including any that are currently disabled.
- Locate the Headset Microphone device and select it with the right-click menu.
- To re-enable the microphone, select Enable from the small pop-up option that appears.
- The Enable device option on the Recording tab is what you want to use.
- Double-click on the microphone device, you can access its settings, where you may pick Use this device from the Device Usage drop-down box. In the microphone settings, there is a drop-down box for selecting the device to be used. Your audio device is now the Kraken headset, and the microphone on the Kraken headset is the default recording device for the Kraken headset. Then, from the Advanced tab and select Default format from the drop-down option that appears.
- Select the format choice that is located at the bottom of the selection list. For the vast majority of devices, it is the 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz model (CD Quality).
- Save these modifications by selecting the Apply option and then clicking on the OK button.
After that, you should restart your computer. Check to see whether the problem is still there. If the computer identifies your voice, the volume lines will be raised accordingly.
5. Run The Software As Administrator
The application may need to be run as a system administrator to fix the Razer Kraken headset mic issue. When an app is run as an administrator, it has full control of the machine. The game or app may not be able to access your headset’s microphone. These are the steps required to run a game or other program at ease.
- Navigate to the directory containing the application that doesn’t have microphone access. To open the file, right-click the application shortcut and select Open File Location, also with Steam.
- Right-click the application executable and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab in the application properties window.
- In the Compatibility tab, select the Run this software as an administrator tick.
- Check the Run the program as Administrator box.
- To save the changes, select Apply and then OK.
6. Install The Latest Audio Driver Software
Audio drivers that are not working properly may prevent noises from reaching your headphones, including the microphone. To avoid this, you must upgrade the headphone driver software on your computer. You may get the Kraken headset driver software from Razer’s support page. This is a self-contained executable file. To install the software, open the file and follow the setup instructions.
7. Remove All Razer Software
The issue could be the interface program for device settings that Razer recommends downloading. You’ll need to delete these before your microphone can resume recording sounds. Utilize the Apps & Features tab in Windows Settings and the Programs, and Features box in the Control Panel to locate and uninstall all Razer-designed programs installed on your computer.
8. Audio Equipment Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting a broken or malfunctioning item is the most basic method for identifying and resolving problems that do not necessitate substantial involvement. This is the technique for troubleshooting the headset.
- Right-click on the Sound icon that displays near or in the task tray and select Properties.
- Select Troubleshoot audio difficulties now.
- To troubleshoot sound issues, select the Sound icon.
- The audio troubleshooter window will appear, prompting you to identify the problematic device and the audio jacks to which it is connected.
- Choose the device to troubleshoot, and it will perform the work for you.
- When this procedure is completed, the troubleshooter addresses the problem automatically. If not, it will walk you through the steps of addressing the problem.
Despite the fact that Kraken is well-known and well-regarded, its function has been plagued by a microphone malfunction for quite some time. Several users have complained that they are unable to speak with one another in-game as well as through other applications. These are the procedures you must follow in order to get your microphone to operate. For those who have tried everything and are still having problems, contact customer service or a repair shop. We sincerely hope you got something out of it. Good luck in your gaming endeavors.
How to fix Kraken Mic?
Update audio drivers or roll back to a previous version to solve the Razer Kraken headset mic. You can also troubleshoot.
How to fix Razer Mic mute?
Remove all Razer programs and troubleshoot the audio equipment. If none of these measures work, call a service unit.
Why is Razer Kraken Mic not working with Xbox One?
A loose mic, improper audio output, software difficulties, hardware damage, or corrupt drivers might cause a mic issue.