Is Razer BlackShark V2 Mic Not Working on your pc? Don’t worry, you’ll find the best solution here.
The Razer BlackShark V2 Esports Multi-Platform Wired Headset improves vocal quality with titanium-coated diaphragms. This headset requires a USB sound card to work, and Razer Synapse includes features like Mic Boost, Mic Equalizer, Volume Normalization, and Ambient Noise Reduction.
For improved clarity and a closer replication of your voice, the detachable microphone on this eSports headset has an upgraded microphone housing.
The headphones come with Advanced passive noise-canceling technology. Closed earcups completely cover your ears and provide a perfect seal around your ears for optimum sound isolation. Game Profiles allows you to add custom profiles to your favorite games to enhance the sound design currently in place.
With THX Environmental and THX Competitive Modes, you may fully immerse yourself. The default is THX Environmental Mode. This esports headset connects through a 3.5mm jack or USB sound card. The 3.5mm jack is universal. This new Razer BlackShark V2 headset works with PCs, Macs, PS4s, Xbox Ones, and Nintendo Switches.
Sometimes the headset malfunctions due to different reasons, and do not panic if you face such issues. In this article, you will find other solutions for the possible problems in your Razer BlackShark V2 headset.
Why Is My Razer BlackShark V2 Headset Mic Not Working
No matter how great a piece of hardware may be, we uncovered complaints online that some consumers experienced issues with the built-in microphones on the Razer BlackShark V2. Without being able to interact with your gaming companions, it’s challenging to have a good time. The Razer BlackShark V2 headset stopped operating for the following reasons:
- The button to silence the microphone is broken.
- Changing the default microphone or using more than one microphone is a reason.
- A problem with the microphone’s cable.
- And audio drivers that are out-of-date or incorrect.
How Do You Fix Razer BlackShark V2 Microphone
Several factors might cause your Razer BlackShark V2 headset’s microphone to malfunction. Here are some of the most common reasons why this can happen.
Conventional troubleshooting approaches and specific Razer-specific solutions are necessary to address problems with the Razer microphone. Some Razer BlackShark V2 headset customers have complained that the microphone on their headset does not operate correctly owing to an issue with the microphone itself.
Here are the steps to fix Razer BlackShark V2 Mic not working:
1. Unmute using the mic mute button
To start, ensure that your computer’s microphone is properly enabled. An additional button may be positioned on the headset’s left earcup, to the right of the volume dial, and behind it, on the left earcup.
The microphone will be muted unless you hit this button, and a red light will glow to show that it is muted.
If you do not push this button, the microphone remains muted. As a result, it is essential to keep pressing the button until the red light on your microphone has fully turned off. As a result of this occurrence, the microphone will be unmuted, and the talk will proceed as scheduled.
2. Allow Microphone Access
Most likely, the privacy settings on your Razer BlackShark V2 headset are incorrect if the microphone on your headset is not working. Here’s a brief rundown on how to troubleshoot your computer:
- Use the Windows Search bar to learn more about microphone privacy and how to protect your privacy. Then, from the list of results that appears, select Microphone privacy settings from the drop-down menu.
- Ensure that the Allow applications to utilize your camera and microphone options are both set on your mobile device.
- The option Enable microphone access for this app can be found further down the page, and it will guarantee that each app gets microphone access.
3. Update Audio Drivers
When you connect your Razer BlackShark V2 headset to a computer, the audio drivers will be downloaded and installed for you without your intervention. It is possible, though, that events will not unfold in the manner anticipated. As a consequence, the most straightforward and time-saving approach is to update all critical Audio drivers:
You have the option of manually updating your driver software or allowing it to do so automatically. Changing the drivers for your sound card and Razer headset by hand is a time-consuming and complex process that requires finding the correct driver version for your sound card and headset.
We don’t suggest it unless you have extensive computer expertise and experience. Automatic driver updates, on the other hand, may be done in a short period of time and without the need for technical knowledge.
Simply download and run Driver Easy, and it will scan your computer for out-of-date drivers and automatically install the most up-to-date versions on your behalf. How to utilize Drivers Easy is provided below, with step-by-step instructions:
- After you have downloaded and installed Driver Easy, you should launch it.
- Driver Easy should be launched, and then the Search Now button should be selected to search your computer for outdated or damaged drivers. You may run a complete system check using Driver Easy and obtain a list of problematic drivers due to this.
- To obtain the most recent and most up-to-date driver for your sound card or Razer headset, navigate to Device Manager and click Update Driver Software.
- Instead, you may use the Update All option in the bottom right corner to have your computer automatically update any outdated or missing drivers that are currently on your machine.
4. Set Razer BlackShark V2 as Default Microphone
If the microphone on your Razer headset does not function, the most likely reason is that your Razer headset has not been configured as the default recording device on your computer. Consider the following example of how to continue as an explanation of how to proceed:
- Right-click on the sound icon in your notification area and it will show a shortcut menu will be displayed. When the shortcut menu appears, select Sounds from the list.
- Selecting the Recording tab will bring up a list of all of the audio recording devices currently installed on your computer. Check to verify that your Razer headset is set as the default device on your computer (and the default communication device).
- Check that the speaker is functioning correctly if the level indicator does not create audible output when speaking. The Properties menu may be accessed by right-clicking the Razer headset icon on your computer’s desktop if this is the case.
- Adjust the volume by dragging the slider to the desired level on the Levels tab until it is satisfied.
5. Reinstall Razer Synapse Software
Razer recommends installing an interface program for device settings, which might be the source of the issue. Before your microphone starts capturing noises again, remove these files from your computer.
Use the Apps and Features tab in Windows Settings and the Programs, and Features box in the Control Panel to see whether your machine is running any Razer-designed software and remove it.
If the Razer BlackShark V2 microphone stops working correctly after a software upgrade, you should be aware that it is possible for the upgrade to have serious flaws. Therefore, to fix the Razer microphone problem, follow the following methods as soon as possible to address the problem as quickly as possible.
- Type appwiz.CPL into the search area that opens after pressing the Windows + R keys together in the dialogue window that displays.
- Find Razer synapse from the app list.
- Select Uninstall from the drop-down option that appears when you right-click on all of the installed Razer software.
- Make sure you have completely removed all apps before restarting your computer to ensure the Razer BlackShark V2 mic issue has been addressed before continuing. If this has happened before, try it again.
6. Update The Firmware
If the problem with your microphone persists, you may want to consider updating the software on your device. If you have recently completed a firmware upgrade, you will be required to execute this step.
- Remember that you should avoid utilizing any USB hubs or extensions when using the dongle and the headset.
- Using the firmware updater, try updating the firmware once more to see whether it works.
- Please refrain from interfering with the update process until it has been completed.
- You will be able to confirm that your microphone is working correctly once again in this manner.
Run Hardware Troubleshooting
To rule out any possible headphone hardware issues, connect your Razer BlackShark V2 to another audio source and see if the problem remains. It is possible to go to the next stage if the microphone functions well on other devices. If your headset continues to malfunction even after you have tried it with a different audio source, Razer Support can replace or repair it.
The Razer BlackShark V2 microphone is not operating properly, and we hope that this article will resolve the issue once and for all. Depending on whether or not the problem remains, the problem might be with your hardware or computer.
Instead of reconnecting the microphone on your Razer BlackShark V2 headset, try using it with another device to determine whether the problem is with that device rather than the headset. If you prefer, you may contact Razer customer support and leave the matter in the hands of the professionals.
Why can I hear myself on my Razer headset?
Razer headphones have a function called MIC MONITORING (SIDETONE) that allows you to hear your speech through a feedback loop.
How can I connect my Razer BlackShark V2 microphone to my computer?
The Razer BlackShark V2 may be linked through its 3.5mm audio jack or over USB by connecting its 3.5mm audio jack to the accompanying USB Sound Card.