Is SteelSeries Arctis 5 Mic Not Working on your PC? don’t worry, you’ll easily fix it after reading this post.
The SteelSeries Arctis 5 wireless gaming headset is currently the finest wireless gaming headset on the market. You will enjoy the award-winning Arctis series experience thanks to the integrated Discord certified Clearcast microphone and 2.4 GHz wireless audio.
This newest generation DTS headset has X v2.0 surround sound and 24-hour battery life, which will undoubtedly outlast your highly long gaming sessions. With this comfortable headset, you can listen to high-quality music and use a variety of features. However, like with any modern gadget, some minor problems are expected from time to time.
Customers of SteelSeries Arctis 5 have lately complained about the SteelSeries Arctis 5 Mic Not Working issue. These kinds of audio problems might be pretty aggravating for any gamers out there. Several variables may work here, and we will give you simple solutions to this stressful scenario in this piece.
Why Is My SteelSeries Arctis 5 Mic Not Working?
A multitude of factors might have caused your SteelSeries Arctis 5 microphone to cease functioning properly. Various technical causes may be to blame for the lack of audio on your Arctis 5 or the non-operational mute button on your SteelSeries Arctis 5.
These include out-of-date audio drivers and improper microphone settings, to name a few possibilities. As a result, let’s have a look at the most likely reasons for your SteelSeries Arctis 5 microphone not operating correctly, as well as possible solutions.
- Reset the SteelSeries Arctis 5 hardware if it has been corrupted.
- Make any required adjustments to the microphone settings.
- Update any audio drivers that are no longer in use and install any necessary new ones.
- Allow the SteelSeries Arctis 5 microphone access to your computer.
- Reinstalling or updating the SteelSeries Engine software may be necessary.
1. Reset the hardware of SteelSeries Arctis 5
Adjusting the volume on your SteelSeries Arctis 5 microphone may be necessary if the microphone is either quiet or too loud in some situations. If you are experiencing issues with your headset, you may want to try performing a hardware reset on it. This will come in handy if you have a problem with your gadget.
To accomplish this, locate the pinhole on the left earcup cushion. Using a pin or a paperclip, you may push the button for around one second to activate it. Whether your difficulties have been fixed, you should check to see if they have been resolved after this.
Please do not hesitate to go to the following step if you are still experiencing difficulties with your audio. It should be of assistance.
2. Configure required microphone settings
Before using the SteelSeries Arctis 5 with your device, ensure that your microphone is configured appropriately. If you attached your SteelSeries Arctis 5 headset to your computer without properly configuring it, it might not work. Configure your headset according to the easy directions in this tutorial.
- In the search box on your computer’s search screen, type Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click the Sound icon.
- From the context menu, right-click on the recording tab and choose Show disabled devices.
- Verify that your SteelSeries Arctis 5 is activated; if not, right-click to activate it.
- Configure your computer’s default device to be your headset. If it is not already set as the default, click on it to make it so.
- After that, right-click the microphone and navigate to the settings window to check for the presence of the Levels tab. It would help if you utilized an unmuted microphone with a volume level of at least 100%.
Following that, all you have to do is click OK to save your changes. You have now completed the process of properly configuring your SteelSeries Arctis 5. If this does not resolve your SteelSeries Arctis 5 mic not working issue, proceed to the next repair listed below.
3. Update outdated audio drivers and install necessary ones
If you are using an out-of-date or incompatible audio driver, you may experience issues with the SteelSeries Arctis 5 microphone not operating properly or at all. Also read, how to fix steelseries arctis pro mic not working.
Verify that your audio drivers are up to date to ensure that your audio equipment operates correctly at all times. Consequently, the SteelSeries Arctis 5 Microphone requires the latest updated audio drivers, which may be downloaded from the company’s website.
You can update audio drivers from Device Manager>Audio inputs and outputs>right-click on driver and select update>search automatically for updated driver software.
Despite having the most up-to-date drivers installed, your SteelSeries Arctis 5 headset may still suffer audio problems. If this is the case, troubleshooting should be continued until a solution is discovered.
4. Allow microphone access to the SteelSeries Arctis 5
It would be best if you made certain that your microphone may be accessed by any programs you use. These apps’ audio will not be picked up by the SteelSeries Arctis 5 microphone otherwise. So you’ll have to manually grant your microphone access to connect with your smartphone. Follow these simple steps to enable microphone access on your SteelSeries Arctis 5.
- Windows settings may be accessed by pressing Windows logo + I on your keyboard together.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Ensure that this device’s change button has Microphone access turned on and the microphone is activated.
- The Allow apps to access your microphone checkbox should be selected.
Once you’ve finished, test it out to see whether it works. If the problem with your microphone persists, try the following solution.
5. Update or reinstall the SteelSeries engine software
Utilize the most recent SteelSeries Engine software to get the most out of your SteelSeries Arctis 5 microphone. The software must be adjusted appropriately if you want to get the most out of this incredible headset. If you presently have the SteelSeries Engine software installed and are still experiencing issues with SteelSeries Arctis 5, it is advised that you uninstall and reinstall it. Using an older version of the software with this microphone may result in a defective microphone. To achieve this effectively, follow the procedures indicated below.
- To begin, visit the official SteelSeries website and download the latest version of their engine software.
- The installation process will begin as soon as you start the setup application after downloading the software.
- Unplug the Arctis 5 by choosing it in the SteelSeries engine and then in your smartphone. It is just as straightforward to replace as it is to rejoin.
- After the engine recognizes what you said mentally, click on the device’s name and select Open Device Configuration.
- To inspect your headset’s microphone, click Live mic review.
- Adjust the audio levels and other elements to your liking.
At this point, the issues with the SteelSeries Arctis 5 microphone not working should be resolved. Depending on whether or not the problem persists, it may be a hardware or software issue. If the problem persists, connect the SteelSeries Arctis 5 microphone to another device and see if it resolves the issue. Alternatively, you may contact SteelSeries support and leave the problem in the capable hands of the specialists.
Why isn’t the mute button on my SteelSeries Arctis 5 working?
To confirm that your SteelSeries Arctis 5’s mute button works, try resetting your device and checking your microphone access settings.
What is the proper way to set up my SteelSeries Arctis 5 microphone?
Select the Arctis 5 as your default device for all apps in your smartphone’s sound settings. Set it as the default device for conversation audios as well.
What’s the deal with my SteelSeries Arctis 5 being so quiet?
It might be due to improper microphone placement or incorrect volume settings in your SteelSeries Engine software. To get the required audio performance, double-check your mic level settings and place the microphone appropriately.
Is it possible to link my SteelSeries Arctis 5 to my phone?
You can if you use a 3.5mm cable. You may also wirelessly link it to your PC, PlayStation 4, or Switch via a USB dongle.