If your SteelSeries Arctis 7 mic not working then, you have come to the right place. In this post I’m going to share how I’ve fixed my SteelSeries Arctis 7 mute microphone issues.
The SteelSeries Arctis 7 is one of the best wireless gaming headset right now. It has the Discord certified Clearcast bidirectional microphone and lossless 2.4 GHz wireless audio that provides you the award-winning experience of the Arctis series.
This next-generation DTS headphone has X v2.0 surround sound and 24-hour battery life that will undoubtedly outlast your crazy long gaming sessions.
With this comfortable headset, you can enjoy the premium sound and outstanding features. But just like every electronics item out there, this has some minor hiccups too. Recently some users have reported about the SteelSeries Arctis 7 Mic Not Working issue. Such audio problems can be frustrating for every gamer out there. There can be different reasons behind this, so we will give you easy solutions to fix this frustrating problem in this article.
There can be many reasons why your SteelSeries Arctis 7 microphone has stopped working. There are many technical issues why you are not getting any audio on your Arctis 7 or the SteelSeries Arctis 7 mute button not working; it can be because of outdated audio drivers or wrong microphone settings, and more. So now, let’s take a look at the most common issues with your SteelSeries Arctis 7 mic not working and the simple ways to fix them.
How to Fix SteelSeries Arctis 7 Mic Not Working
Here are the steps to fix SteelSeries Arctis 7 Mic Not Working:
1. Reset hardware Settings
Sometimes your SteelSeries Arctis 7 microphone can be too quiet or can also be totally mute. For such issues, you can try a hardware reset on your headset. This will help you fix the malfunction of your device.
To do this, simply find the pinhole on your left earcup cushion. Then get a pin or a paperclip to push and press that button for around one second. This will reset the hardware, and then you need to check whether your issues are fixed or not. If you still could not settle your audio, do not worry and move on to the next fix below.
2. Enable SteelSeries Arctis 7 from Control Panel
To run the SteelSeries Arctis 7 microphone with your device, you need to make sure that you have the correct configuration for your microphone. If you plugged in your SteelSeries Arctis 7 headset without setting up the compatible format, it might not work with your computer. So follow these simple steps to set up the appropriate configuration for your headset.
- Go to the search bar and type Control Panel.
- Open the control panel and select the Sound icon.
- Open the recording tab and right-click to tick on Show disabled devices.
- Enable your SteelSeries Arctis 7 by right-clicking on it and selecting and enable.
- Make sure that your headset is set as the default device for your PC. If not, then click on it and set default.
- Right-click on the microphone to check properties, there you will find the Levels tab. Make sure that your microphone is unmuted and the volume is at least more than 50% (you are recommended to drag the volume slider to the fullest).
- Click OK and save changes.
Now you are done with applying the correct settings for your SteelSeries Arctis 7. Hopefully, this will fix your SteelSeries Arctis 7 mic, not a working problem, but if not, then move on to the next fix below.
3. Update Audio Drivers
The SteelSeries Arctis 7 mic not working issue will definitely occur if you are using the wrong audio driver or if it is out of date. It would be best if you had up-to-date audio drivers to make sure that your audio devices are working properly. So to run the SteelSeries Arctis 7 microphone, you have to install the latest audio drivers from the SteelSeries website.
You can simply search for Device Manager and find the audio drivers inside Audio input and Outputs section. Then all you need to do is Right click on each of them and select update driver>Search automatically for drivers. As simple as that!
The correct and latest drivers will help you run your SteelSeries Arctis 7 headset properly. Still, if you face audio issues with your SteelSeries Arctis 7, keep on troubleshooting and find your proper fix from below.
Also check out how to fix how to fix SteelSeries Arctis 1 Mic not working to know more about audio drivers.
4. Allow microphone access to the SteelSeries Arctis 7.
You have to make sure that you have allowed access to your microphone for all the apps you are using. Otherwise, the SteelSeries Arctis 7 microphone will not pick up any audio from those apps. So you need to manually allow permission for your microphone to work with your device. Follow the easy steps below to allow microphone access to the SteelSeries Arctis 7.
- Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard and I at the same time to open the window settings menu.
- Open the privacy tab.
- Keep on the microphone and make sure that the change button for the ‘Microphone access for this device is on.
- Make sure that the Allow apps to access your microphone tab is turned on.
After you are done with this to check whether it is working or not, if your microphone still does not work, move on to the next fix.
5. Install the SteelSeries Engine
To optimize your SteelSeries Arctis 7 microphone, you need to download and install the latest version of the SteelSeries Engine software. You need to configure this software appropriately to unlock the full potential of this excellent headset. This microphone will not work with the outdated version of this app. If you already have it installed and still face trouble with SteelSeries Arctis 7, uninstall the SteelSeries Engine software and reinstall it. Follow the instructions below to do it correctly.
- Download the latest SteelSeries engine software from their official website.
- After you are done downloading the app, open the setup and install it.
- Click on the SteelSeries engine and disconnect the Arctis 7 from your device. After that, reconnect it again.
- When the engine recognizes your headset, click on the device name and open the device configuration.
- Select Live mic review to test your headset.
- Adjust the audio levels and other settings to your preference.
We are hoping that this will finally fix your SteelSeries Arctis 7 mic, not working issues. If the problem persists, then you may have issues with your hardware or your computer. So you can try to reconnect the SteelSeries Arctis 7 microphone with another device to check if the problem is actually with your headset or not. And you can also contact SteelSeries support and let the professionals handle it from there.
Also check out how to fix how to fix SteelSeries Arctis 3 Mic not working to know more about steelseries engine.
Why is my SteelSeries Arctis 7 mute button not working?
Try resetting your hardware and checking microphone access settings to ensure that your mute button works on SteelSeries Arctis 7.
How do I set up my SteelSeries Arctis 7 microphone?
From the sound settings of your device, choose the Arctis 7 as your default device for all apps. Also, set it default device for chat audios.
Why is my SteelSeries Arctis 7 so quiet?
It might be because of poor positioning of your mic or wrong volume levels on your SteelSeries Engine software. Check your mic level adjustments and position the mic properly to get desired audio performance.
Can I connect my SteelSeries Arctis 7 to the phone?
Yes, you can by using a 3.5mm cord. And you can wirelessly connect it with your PC, PlayStation 4, Switch with the USB dongle.