All Gigabyte motherboard users commonly face issues like RGB fusion not working, lighting colour has stuck, or it’s not detecting your RAM or GPU.
If you are facing the same issue, then don’t worry.
In this post, you will get to know how to fix all these with a few simple steps.
The Most Common RGB Fusion 2.0 Problems
There are many problems caused by the RGB fusion app, and that’s not the app’s fault because it installs with default settings and runs into error for conflicting with other app settings.And here are the most common Gigabyte RGB Fusion Bugs:
- LED lighting gets stuck in a specific colour like blue or yellow, which are the default settings.
- RGB fusion doesn’t detect gigabyte graphics cards with RGB fusion compatibilities.
- The RGB Fusion app does not open and shows errors.
- The hugely popular Gskill Trident Z series RGB rams face problem syncing with the RGB fusion app.
- Your Overclocked RAM does not run at its full Speed due to RGB fusion.
Keep in mind that all these problems have separate solutions.
So, be sure to follow the once that you need. Otherwise, you can follow all of the fixes to be stress-free in future.
Fix Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0 Not Working
The first step to start fixing any of these problems is to make sure all your components are RGB fusion compatible; otherwise, they won’t sync with the app.
Then you will need the 100% working version of the app. Once you Download Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0 we can get started in fixing the issue.
If you already have the app installed then you will need to uninstall it and reinstall the latest version of RGB fusion 2.0.
If your motherboard isn’t compatible with RGB fusion 2.0 then simply install the latest version of only RGB fusion.
Ok, now you are ready to fix these issues. the following fix will also work for fixing rgb fusion not opening on double-clicking on the app shortcut.
Here are the steps to fix Gigabyte RGB 2.0 fusion not working:
- Uninstall Aura Sync, iCUE and Riot Vanguard if they are on your PC because these apps conflict with RGB Fusion.
- Right-click on the RGB fusion app shortcut and click on Open file location.
- Delete the AtiTool folder from this directory of your PC(usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Gigabyte\RGB fusion).
- Remove the file named GvBiosLib.dll and restart your PC.
- Run the RGB fusion app from the desktop short as an administrator, and the app will start normally.
These steps were too easy to fix the problem. But if these steps don’t work for you, then you’ll need to clear the CMOS of your PC then try these steps.
Here are some of the most common issues related to RGB Fusion 2.0 and their fixes:
How to Fix RGB Fusion 2.0 Not Detecting GPU
I was using an Aorus RTX 2080Ti Extreme which looks gorgeous with those Ring RGB lightings. But the RGB fusion was not working on RTX 2080 Ti.
This was awkward.
After changing a few settings, I found an easy solution for this issue which I am going to share with you now.If your RGB fusion doesn’t detect GPU then at firs make sure that it’s manufactured by gigabyte then follow the steps provided here.
So, here are the steps to fix RGB Fusion not detecting GPU:
- Uninstall Geforce Experience for now and set all the settings to default from Nvidia control panel.
- Check your graphics card’s exact model number and google it.
- Open the official website results, and you will see the video card’s compatibility.
- Install the software that is shown on the official website or the Box of your graphics card.
- Run the software RGB fusion or RGB fusion 2.0 and tweak the settings as your wish to control the RGB lighting of your GPU.
In my case, the RGB fusion app wasn’t working on my Aorus RTX 2080Ti Extreme. I found that it supports the newer RGB fusion 2.0. So, I installed it, and it fixed the issue.
Here’s our tutorial on how to overclock monitor to 144Hz or 240Hz for a better gaming experience.
How to Fix RGB Fusion 2.0 Not Detecting RAM
RGB Fusion does not detect ram only if it’s not compatible with the app. Many people has asked me about why their RGB Fusion 2.0 doesn’t recognize ram modules like G.skill Trident Z series. I have found out in the official gigabyte website that the hugely popular G.skill Trident Z RGB memory modules aren’t compatible with the RGB fusion app. Neither the Trident Z royal series is.
So, these RAMs need to be Synced separately with the Trident Z Lighting Control app.
Now, the problem is:
The Trident Z Lighting Control app conflicts with the RGB fusion app and doesn’t work properly as RGB fusion is already installed in the PC.
So, here’s how to fix RGB Fusion 2.0 Not Detecting Trident Z RGB RAM:
- Open the directory where you have installed RGB fusion (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Gigabyte\RGB fusion).
- Delete the two files Spddupm and SPD_Dump as these create conflicts between RGB fusion and Trident Z Lighting Control.
- Install the latest Trident Z Lighting Control app, and you will be able to sync the RGB lighting of the RAM.
How to Fix Gigabyte RGB Fusion Not Changing Colors
If the RGB fusion app doesn’t work properly then or it’s stuck to a default color. In my computer, it was stuck to blue.
I tried many fixes and updated the bios, but nothing worked so I did something new which I am going to tell you now.
Here’s how to fix RGB Fusion 2.0 not changing colors:
- Restart your computer and press F2 or Del to enter BIOS.
- Go to the Peripherals tab and open RGB fusion.
- Disable RGB fusion then click on save setting and exit.
- Follow the same steps to enable the RGB fusion from BIOS and save the settings and exit.
- Now open the RGB fusion app in your computer as an administrator, and you will see that the RGB lighting is changing color for different effects.
Do you want to know how to add colorful text on your discrod chats? Then check out our separate tutorial on how to format text on discord.
When the RGB fusion 2.0 doesn’t work properly it is usually stuck at blue color.
RGB fusion 2.0 creates problems when you have RGB fusion installed, or it’s the remaining file in your computer.
So, to fix this issue, you will need to remove all the files of RGB fusion from your computer and then clear CMOS.
To remove the files you will need to uninstall both RGB fusion and RGB fusion 2.0 and then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and delete the file named Gigabyte.
Now the next steps are to clear CMOS of your computer then reinstall the app to fix this issue.
How to clear CMOS
The CMOS chip on the motherboard retains different types of data and settings like overclocking boot priorities and RGB profiles. If you clear the CMOS, then the computer will start with all default BIOS settings.
CMOS can be cleared easily by taking out the CMOS battery or by clicking on the CMOS button (usually available on the highest-end motherboards).
If your motherboard doesn’t have a CMOS button then here are the steps to reset CMOS of your motherboard:
- Turn off the computer and unplug it from the power source.
- Switch off the Power Supply for safety.
- Remove the side panel of the casing that’s covering the computer.
- Check where the battery is located on your motherboard.
- Take it off by pulling the clip at its side that holds it.
- Keep the battery out for 10 minutes and then place it in its place.
- Turn on the computer and your CMOS will be cleared.
Fix RGB fusion interfering with RAM overclocking
This is a quite different issue, but it occurs for most people.
You can check your RAM speed from the Task Manager’s Performance tab.
If you see that the memory modules are running at 2133MHz, then be sure that RGB fusion app is the reason.
Here’s how to fix this issue:
- Go to Peripherals tab and open RGB fusion.
- Turn off the RGB fusion so, that it doesn’t interfere.
- Go to Power tab and in your BIOS.
- Enable ErP to prevent any RGB lighting when the PC is off (but plugged into a power source)
- Save the settings and exit.
- Unplug your PC from the power source and plug it again so that the function of ErP can work properly.
Question: Why is my RAM not showing the overclocked Speed?
Answer: This simply happens because of other apps interfering with the startup. In most cases, it’s the RGB lighting apps that cause this error. You can simply turn off the feature of ErP(that causes lighting when the PC is off but plugged into a power source).
Question: Why does RGB not work on Aorus RTX 2070?
Answer: The Aorus Series Graphics card’s RGB lighting only works with the RGB fusion 2.0 app. If you have the RGB fusion app installed in your computer, then you will need to uninstall it and get the RGB Fusion 2.0 to enable RGB light of your Aorus series graphics cards.
Question: Is Trident Z RGB ram compatible with RGB fusion?
Answer: No, the Trident Z RGB RAM and its Royal series aren’t compatible with the RGB fusion and RGB fusion 2.0 app. So, you will need to sync them with the Trident Z lighting control app separately.
Question: Why my AORUS RGB M.2 NVMe SSD does not show up in RGB fusion?
Answer: Aorus RGB M.2 NVMe SSD only shows up in the RGB fusion and RGB fusion 2.0 app only if you are using a gigabyte motherboard having RGB fusion compatibility. If you are using an Asus, MSI ASRock or any other motherboard then it won’t show in the RGB fusion app, and you will not be able to control its light. I have tested this RGB M.2 SSD in both an Asus and a gigabyte motherboard, and it turns out that the RGB only works when it’s attached to the Gigabyte motherboard.
I know how much trouble and stress you had to face for Gigabyte RGB Fusion app.
But now that it’s all solved you can now enjoy the beauty of RGB lighting of your gaming computer.
It’s natural to face computer errors when you are using a custom made PC having windows as operating system.
Hopefully these steps worked for you. Share this post to your friends who are facing similar issues.
And do let us know if you have any inquiry or any suggestion about this errors that will help others too.