The sound quality of every single Razer headset meets or exceeds the highest possible industry standard. Thanks to its cushioned earcups, the Razer Kraken is a long-lasting headset that provides a comfortable wearing experience.
Anyone may use the headset since it is compatible with any device, including a wide variety of gaming consoles, as long as the correct connections are made. The air cushions are relatively large, and when you put on the headset, the speakers will stick out in front of your ears a fair amount. There have been instances of customers having issues getting their Razer headphones to operate correctly with Skype.
Consumers have reported experiencing difficulties. Either their microphone will stop working correctly, or their headset will stop producing sound. Neither option is a good one. Neither of these choices is a workable alternative. Therefore, in order to aid you in finding a solution to the issue that you are now facing, let’s go over some steps that you may take.
How to Fix Razer Kraken Not Working on Skype
The Razer Kraken Microphones are among the best Razer Microphone Headsets that are currently available on the market. It boasts a fantastic sound quality and an integrated virtual surround sound system that you may use.
However, users of the Razer Microphone have noted that games and other programs, such as Skype, generate issues for the microphone. This article outlines the fixes for common problems encountered while using a Razer microphone.
Here are the steps to fix Razer Kraken Not Working on Skype:
Cancel Realtek High Definition (HD) Audio
Realtek is known for making high-quality audio equipment and fixing audio problems for some of the biggest computer companies. However. The latest audio device drivers don’t work well with the Razer Kraken microphones most of the time.
In this case, we might start over with the controller to see if that solves the problem.
- To open the Device Manager, press the Windows key and the letter R simultaneously, then type devmgmt.msc in the box that pops up and press Enter.
- To get to the Realtek Digital Output properties in Device Manager, expand Audio Import and Export, click Realtek Digital Output, and click Properties.
- While the properties are still shown, click on the Driver tab and choose Cancel Controller (if displayed). In this case, it means that the controller has been updated, and there’s a chance that the microphone won’t work as it should. If it isn’t closed, please download a different version of Internet Explorer and click the Update Driver button to update the driver manually.
- After you update the driver, you should restart your computer to see if the problem is still there.
A helpful hint: If this doesn’t work, you could try the same category in Device Manager. When you right-click on the Kraken phone, you can choose Delete from the menu that pops up. The headset will be completely cut off from the system if you do this. Please take off the headphones and then plug them back in.
Remove all Razer-related software
Almost always, product disputes can be caused by the manufacturer’s software. Most of the time, this problem will show up on your PC after you install Windows Update. The only thing we can do is uninstall the program and check back later to see if it worked.
Press the Windows key and the letter R simultaneously, then type appwiz.cpl in the box that appears and press Enter. This page shows you a list of all the apps you’ve put on your computer. Use the right mouse button to choose each Razer app one at a time, and then remove it.
After removing all the programs from your computer, try restarting it to see if the problem is still there. Some software that causes issues is often called Razer Synapse.
Make sure the microphone is turned on
If the first two methods don’t work, it could be that the proper microphone wasn’t chosen to be the computer’s active microphone. When there is more than one microphone, the operating system may select one of the others as the default microphone.
You can check the parameters of the headphones to make sure that they are set up correctly.
- When you right-click the sound icon in the system tray, a menu will pop up. Choose Properties from that menu.
- Next, go to the main menu and click on the Record tab. All of the recorders are saved on your computer. After choosing the Razer Kraken from the list of options, you can make it the default device by right-clicking on its icon. Turn off any other microphones that may be running on your PC.
- You should click the Apply button to save your changes. After right-clicking the microphone, choose Properties from the menu that pops up.
- Go to the Advanced tab and choose the smaller size than the standard size. 2 channels, 16 bits, 44,100 Hz (CD quality) have been written on some recordings.
- After making the necessary changes, restart your computer and ensure your headset is connected correctly. Then, check to see if the problem is still there.
Launch the application in a high mode
When trying to understand access control, Windows users often make mistakes or do the wrong thing. Before trying to figure out what’s wrong with the device, it’s highly recommended that you run the app in administrator mode. So, the program can use any hardware that is connected to it.
- Go to the list of available applications. The Steam list is set up as follows: C: Program (x86) Common Night Steam Steps Comedy.
- Click the Compatibility tab and then check the ” Run this software as a manager ” box.
- Click the Apply button to save your changes and leave the page. Start the computer back up, make sure the headset is connected correctly, and then try the microphone to see if it works.
Check the door and equipment
Now, if all of the decisions that came before this one failed, it could mean that the hardware is broken. If something goes wrong with the hardware, it will affect both the port and the microphone. You can connect to more audio connections so that you can play back. In addition, you need to make sure that the cat is working right. You can also take out the USB unit and replace it with a cable with an audio connector.
This will ensure that everything is working well and that there are no problems. Remember that you also need to go into the program settings and make sure that the correct microphone is chosen.
Check Audio Mixer
If you can’t hear yourself in a Skype conversation, the other person can check the volume mixer on your Windows computer.
Right-clicking on the speaker icon on the toolbar will bring up the volume mixer for you to use. Most likely, the volume on Skype was turned down, so you are not hearing anything.
This is most likely what’s going wrong. So, use the volume mixer to raise the level and then try the headset.
Check Playback Device
Also, some users haven’t set up their Skype clients to work with playback devices. If you’re having trouble with the sound, go to Skype’s settings and find the section for “Audio devices.” The next step is to make sure that the Razer Kraken is set as the default device for your mic and speakers. After that, you should try out the sound on your Razer Kraken and then save the settings.
Update your audio drivers
If you are using an old or wrong audio or headset driver, the built-in microphone on your Razer Kraken headset won’t work. So, you should try updating the driver to see if that fixes the issue.
You can choose to update your driver either by hand or automatically. Since the manual method is time-consuming, hard to understand, and full of mistakes, we won’t go into more detail about it here. We don’t think you should do this if you don’t have a high level of computer knowledge. On the other hand, it is straightforward to have your driver software update itself.
Just download, install, and run Driver Easy, and it will find all the devices on your computer that need updated drivers and automatically install them for you. This is how you should use it.
- Download and install Driver Easy to get it.
- Start Driver Easy, and then choose Scan Now from the menu. Driver Easy will search your computer for drivers that are causing problems and tell you which ones they are.
- Choose your sound device or headset from the drop-down menu and then click Update to get the most recent and correct driver.
- You could also click the Update All button in the window’s lower right corner. This will make your computer update any missing or out-of-date drivers automatically. (This feature is only available in the Pro edition. If you don’t already have it, you will be asked to upgrade to the Pro edition when clicking the Update All button.)
After installing the new driver for your Razer Kraken headset, you will need to restart your computer. After that, sign in again and check to see if the microphone is working correctly.
It’s possible, but not very likely, that the Skype app causes this problem. So, if you’re having trouble fixing this kind of problem, you should try reinstalling the app. Just use the operating system’s settings to get rid of the app, and then download the latest version of Skype. Install the program after that, and then test the headset’s sound.
If the headset works fine with other programs but stops working when you try to use it with Skype, you should talk to the Skype support team to find out what could be wrong and fix it.
To get a response from official support, you have to fill out a support ticket with all the relevant information. To get your Razer Kraken’s audio working again, all you have to do is follow the troubleshooting steps they give you. If you still can’t get the audio to work right on the Razer headset, you can switch to a different platform, such as Discord.
Why is my Razer headset microphone not working?
Distorted, muffled, buzzing, or static on a Razer headset mic may be caused by: Dirty audio ports and jack and mismatched mic and jack and USB hubs.
How do I get my Razer headset mic to work on a PC?
Here’s how you can get the Razer headset mic to work on your PC: 1) Right-click your sound icon and choose Sounds. 2) Click Recording to see your PC’s audio recorders. Default to your Razer headset (and the default communication device).