Logitech is a well-known brand that offers a vast selection of technology solutions and hardware in addition to its product offerings. One product that falls within this category is the camera model Logitech C920. The Logitech C920 is one of the best webcams now available on the market, and it can be acquired for an affordable price.
Players of video games and people who broadcast live events worldwide utilize the Camera in various ways for a variety of other purposes. The problem arose after the users upgraded their operating system; shortly after that, when they tried to use the C920 Webcam, it stopped functioning correctly or was no longer recognized.
The issue began when the users updated their operating system. The Logitech C920 may be admitted after installing the Update known as KB4074588 (OS Build 16299.248), but it will not operate in the manner for which it was designed.
After that, the functionality of a substantial number of USB devices, onboard gadgets, built-in laptop cameras, keyboards, and mice suddenly stopped working as expected.
This issue occurs due to an error made by the Windows Update servicing stack, which prevents the most recent version of some essential drivers from being installed as part of the Cumulative Update. And because of this issue, any maintenance that is conducted will result in the currently active drivers being deleted from the system.
Continue reading if you are having trouble with the operation of your Logitech C920 Webcam, as it is described in the previous sentence. If this is the case, you shouldn’t let it stress you out too much because you aren’t the only one suffering from this issue. You need to read this article once, and your error will no longer be a problem.
Despite this, linking up to the Camera and using its features is a relatively straightforward process. On the other hand, there have been several reports of customers of the Logitech C920 camera reporting that the device does not operate correctly on their PCs. If you have had an issue with your computer, you should read this post (PC).
You will find that the following sections of this manual will be of use to you in discovering the issues, addressing those issues, and acceptably using the Camera. Start from the beginning and work your way through each of the potential fixes for the case of the broken Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 one at a time until the problem is resolved.
To get a head start, you will need to follow the method that is advised the most, which is outlined in the following paragraphs for your convenience.
How to Fix Logitech C920 Webcam Not Working
The Bit Driver Updater is a program that can be of use to ensure that your computer can provide your Camera with the best possible performance under all circumstances.
In most instances, the problem may be traced back to using an out-of-date version of the software that controls the device drivers. You can guarantee that all of your devices continue to function without any issues by bringing their drivers up to date with Bit Driver Updater, which is available to assist you.
The program’s functioning is entirely free of danger, and it only provides updates that are received from trustworthy sources. After downloading the tool for free from the button provided below, you may update the drivers with only one click, and it will take effect immediately.
Utilizing the essential remedies supplied in the following portion of this article will simplify you to remedy the problem of the Logitech C920 camera not functioning properly. Implementing all of these changes simultaneously as you read can help you reach your goal of achieving results in a shorter amount of time.
Allow Apps to Access Your Camera
It’s conceivable that you are ignorant of the modifications that have been made to the access settings. This might be the case. Because of this, there is a possibility that the Logitech C920 camera will cease operating normally. As a result, you will be required to provide permission for applications to utilize your Camera to rectify the situation.
The Webcam will work correctly when you’ve completed performing what you’re doing here. Please read on and follow the instructions that are listed below to find out more:
- It is sufficient to simultaneously press the Win and S keys, after which Camera Privacy Settings may be entered and the Enter key is pressed.
- Now, use the toggle button to select the option that will allow applications access to your Camera.
- Please scroll down to view the available programs, and then choose which ones have access to your Camera by marking the checkbox next to their names.
- Now perform the actions from the stages before this one, but this time click the Microphone icon on the left side of the window.
Now, using the Webcam, check whether the issue still occurs and see if it can be replicated. In the case that the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 is not operating as it should go to the next step in the process.
Modify Windows Privacy Settings
Most of the time, Windows prevents the Logitech Webcam from functioning because it does not have the appropriate rights. Altering your privacy settings is required for Windows 10 to recognize your C920 Webcam.
This is the procedure to follow:
- To launch the Settings menu, press Win and I together.
- Select the Privacy option.
- Click on Camera located in the left pane, and then make sure the Allow applications to access your camera toggle is turned on.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the page to activate the app that has permission to use your Camera.
- Again, navigate to the left pane and choose Microphone. Next, ensure that the Allow applications to access your camera switch is turned on.
Once more, scroll down to activate the application that will have access to your Camera.
Close Other Apps Running on the PC
To solve the issue of the Logitech C920 camera not working, you should close all other apps first. This is the most effective method. There is a chance that programs outside the one you’re using are accessing your Webcam without your awareness.
The Webcam’s performance may be negatively impacted if you use the Camera in conjunction with another piece of software. If you are looking for instructions on what to do, follow these steps:
- To open the Task Manager, press the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- Please find all of the apps that you are not employing at this time, select them all, and then click the option labeled End Task.
- Choose the programs you don’t want, and then click the option that says End Task.
- Turn on the Webcam and examine its operation to see whether or not it is working correctly.
If it does not solve the problem, you should go to the next probable solution.
Uninstall Logitech Software and Reinstall
If you are experiencing difficulties getting your Logitech C920 camera to operate, the next best thing is to uninstall the Logitech software. It is conceivable that the software or driver is interfering with the operation of the Webcam; as a consequence, deleting it and then reinstalling it may be of aid in fixing the issue.
The following is an inventory of everything that needs to be done and a summary of how it has to be done:
- You might try looking for the Control Panel, and when you locate it, you should hit Enter.
- To remove an application from your computer, navigate to the Control Panel and select the Uninstall a program option.
- To uninstall a program, you choose the corresponding option.
- Right-click on the Logitech software after locating it at this point.
- You can choose to remove the software or make other adjustments.
- Eliminate any traces that the Logitech software may have left behind.
- Choose the option to uninstall the driver, and then restart the computer after making your selection.
- Investigate the Webcam to see whether or not it is operating correctly.
- In this scenario, the software must be uninstalled by going back through the steps from before.
- After that, install the software by first downloading it from the Logitech Support page and then running the installation program.
- The computer has to be restarted.
Everything associated with your Webcam should now function precisely as you require it to. If this is not the case, proceed to the next step in troubleshooting your faulty Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920.
Update All the Updated Drivers with Bit Driver Updater Automatically
To resolve the issue where the Logitech C920 webcam will not work, the most effective solution is to update the image drivers and any other device drivers that have gone out of date.
Bit Driver Updater is one of the most helpful apps that can be downloaded because it obtains the most recent updates from the original equipment manufacturer in a direct and timely manner.
The application is quite effective in improving the general performance of your system and the performance of any devices linked to it. You also have the option of generating backups of your drivers and restoring them if an update does not perform correctly for you.
After installing any update, this can be done by clicking the “Backup” button. You have the flexibility to schedule when the changes will take effect if you do not want them to take effect immediately after you make them using the application that is provided to you.
Go to the following guide if you’re going to successfully download and update the driver for the Logitech C920 Webcam using the Bit Driver Updater:
- After the program has been installed, all required to use the utility is a double-click on the file to launch it.
- To get started, pick the Scan Now option available in the primary window.
- It is possible to utilize Bit Driver Updater to search for drivers that are not up to date.
- Once the predetermined time has elapsed, you should pick the option labeled Update All.
- This will kick off upgrading any drivers that are now behind their respective release dates.
- The Bit Driver Updater program will do a scan on your machine.
You will need to restart the computer if the program instructs you.
Contact Logitech Support
If you have tried all of the above troubleshooting steps and your Logitech C920 Webcam is still not functioning or is no longer detected on Windows 10, continue reading. You must contact Logitech Support and inquire about a solution straight from them.
With the procedures outlined above, anybody will be able to restore functionality to a non-working Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920. These methods are not only risk-free but also easy to use, which makes them suitable for usage by both inexperienced users and seasoned professionals alike.
It is strongly suggested that you first consult the Bit Driver Updater before proceeding with the rest of this process. This tool will rapidly provide you with updated device drivers and aid you in addressing Cameras and other device-related issues that may be occurring on Windows. It will also assist you in resolving any problems that are linked to the operating system.
Does the C920 need drivers?
Because Windows 10 automatically downloads software in the background, installing the Logitech C920 drivers for Windows 10 may not be necessary for many situations. On the other hand, if you are using a different operating system, you will be able to access free downloads of Logitech webcam drivers on our website. You will need to download the Logitech C920 driver for your mac and run it.
How do I reset my Logitech webcam?
To reset the Camera, locate the hole on the back of the device and insert a paper clip into it. Press down lightly on the paper clip, and then remove it. After doing a reset, if the Camera is still not visible, navigate to Settings>Cameras>Add/Find>Find Cameras. If the Camera continues to be inoperable, you should contact customer service.