When it comes to gaming accessories, many gamers agree that the Logitech G series is the most excellent option that’s currently out there to buy. On the other side, a few complaints of difficulties with the Logitech G Pro X volume wheel not operating correctly.
When playing through a USB headset, if the volume control button or knob on the USB headset is set to a low setting, you will notice that the level is not as loud as it should be.
A standard application volume, an error caused by the driver, or an improperly set device audio level are all potential causes of a low volume. A few customers have reported these problems.
When you cannot speak with the other individuals on the microphone, it may be an extremely irritating experience; nevertheless, this problem is not particularly difficult to resolve.
Fix Logitech pro x volume wheel not working
The following are some methods that have proven to be applicable to other users who have encountered issues with the volume wheel on the Logitech G Pro. You don’t need to test out all of them; move down the list one at a time until you find the one that resolves the issue.
- Troubleshoot the hardware issues
- Allow access to your Logitech G Pro X microphone
- Check the sound settings
- Update your audio driver
- Reinstall G Hub
Troubleshoot the hardware issues
It is strongly suggested that you begin by attempting some fundamental problem-solving strategies before going to more sophisticated solutions.
How to go about it:
- More than one check should be done on the connection. You should be able to discover two input jacks on your headset. The first one is for the wire connected to your computer, and the second one is for the microphone. First, check that the microphone is securely plugged in, and then press your PC connection cable into the proper jack of your computer with increased effort until you hear two distinct clicks.
- Connecting your headphones to a separate computer will allow you to verify that they are working correctly. If neither of those things works, it is most probable that the headset has received physical damage; in this case, you should get in touch with Logitech for more assistance.
- Make sure the button labeled mute is not selected before continuing.
Continue reading for more actions to take in the troubleshooting process if there are no problems with the hardware.
Allow access to your Logitech G Pro X microphone.
Users of Windows 10 have the power to determine whether the operating system and programs may use their microphones. This decision can be made at the user level. Therefore, if you have access restricted, the volume wheel on your Logitech G Pro X will not perform as it should.
This is because of the way that access is controlled. To provide authorization, the steps that need to be taken are as follows:
- In the search box, type microphone privacy, and then pick Microphone privacy settings from the results list.
- You will need to click the Change button to give this device access to its microphone to record audio.
- You may grant access to your microphone to programs by activating the option in the section labeled Allow apps.
- Please scroll to the bottom of the page and set the toggle switch so that it is in the On position. This will ensure that the desktop software can access your microphone.
If your microphone is still behaving unpredictably, you should try the third approach described below.
Check the sound settings
The sound settings may get damaged after you update the system.
As a consequence of this, you will be required to construct a suitable arrangement manually.
- After putting the control panel into the search box, select the “Control Panel” option from the results.
- After choosing the Small icons option from the drop-down menu next to the View by chance, click the Sounds button.
- Go to the Recording tab and check its status to ensure that the headset microphone that comes with your Logitech G Pro X is functioning correctly (there should be a green checkmark). After that, choose the microphone from the list of drop-down options, and then click the Set Default button.
- After right-clicking the microphone, navigate to the Properties option in the context menu.
- Proceed to the tab called Levels by using your mouse. Then, bring the volume up to its maximum setting, and then hit the OK button.
Test the issue again now that the volume has been turned up to its maximum and the Logitech Pro X microphone has been reset to its factory settings. Proceed to the next strategy in your plan in the event that this one does not yield the desired results.
Update your audio driver
The audio driver on your computer may be corrupt or out of date, which is what’s causing the volume wheel on your Logitech Pro X mouse to stop working correctly. If this is the case, try updating the driver on your computer.
Installing the newest version of the audio driver will guarantee that your gaming headset will always perform to the absolute best of its abilities if you use this method. You can upgrade the audio driver on your own by hand, or you can let the computer take care of it automatically.
Manually – You may run a search for the most recent driver that is compatible with your headset on the support website that is dedicated to Logitech devices. After that, visit the manufacturer’s website to obtain the driver that is compatible with your version of Windows, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install it step by step.
Automatically: If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update your audio driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy, which gives you the option to do it whenever you want. If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update your audio driver manually, you can do it automatically.
Driver Easy will instantly recognize your computer and begin the search for the suitable driver for your headset and the version of Windows that you are now utilizing. After that, it will proceed to download and suitably install the drivers:
- You may acquire Driver Easy by downloading and installing the program.
- Start Driver Easy, then go to the menu and pick the option that says “Scan Now.” After that, Driver Easy will scan your computer to identify any drivers that may be causing problems.
- After selecting the Update button that is positioned next to the driver for the flagged Logitech PRO X Gaming Headset, you will be able to install the driver if you so want manually. This will immediately cause the correct version of the driver to be downloaded to your computer (you can do this with the FREE version).
- When you purchase the Driver Easy Pro edition, you have access to our whole support staff at no additional cost.
- Do not be reluctant to contact the support staff of Driver Easy if you want assistance. You can do so by sending an email to the support email address located at email@example.com.
If attempting to update the driver does not deliver the intended effects, there is one more method that may be tested out.
Reinstall G Hub
Following the most recent update to G Hub, many customers have reported that the volume wheel on their Logitech headset has been inoperable or is no longer recognized. If you also have G Hub installed, you might want to try reinstalling it to see if it fixes your issue. This is something you should consider doing.
- It is necessary to press both the Windows logo key and the letter R on your keyboard simultaneously to bring up the Run box. After that, after typing appwiz.cpl, it would help if you pressed the OK button.
- After selecting Logitech G Hub from the menu, choose the Uninstall option.
- It would help if you restarted your PC at this minute.
- Go to the page where you can download the Logitech G Hub, and once you’re there, click the option that says Download for Windows.
- After the download is finished, please open the file and then install the application by following the steps displayed on the screen in the order that they occur.
If you disconnect and reconnect your Logitech G Pro X headset, you should find that the volume wheel now usually operates without any problems.
Logitech makes great products that almost every gamer loves. The company makes accessories for every need a gamer could have. For example, great mice and keyboards made just for gamers are available on the market.
The G Pro X microphone is also one of Logitech’s products for gaming. It is a headset with Blue Voice Technology that makes games even more fun by making it easier to hear the game sounds. This article helped people who were having trouble with their Logitech G Pro X microphone. We gave you a few ways to solve the problem, so we hope that helps.
Why can’t I hear from my Logitech headset?
If you are using an old or wrong sound card driver, your Logitech G933 might not make any noise. So you can try to fix the problem by updating the driver for your Logitech headset. You can look for the latest sound card driver on Logitech’s support website and then install it by hand.
How do I get my Logitech microphone to work?
You can plug the USB cable that came with your Logitech microphone into any free USB port on your computer. Press the Power button on the mic to turn it on.