Are you facing Microsoft Teams black screen issues? Don’t worry, here you’ll find the easiest solution to this problem.
In addition to being one of the most widely used collaboration tools available on the market, Microsoft Teams is a powerful collaboration platform that has gained popularity over time. Because of the large number of options offered and the user-friendly interface, the product is more appealing to prospective customers.
While it is true that Microsoft Teams has issues, just like any other program or piece of software, these issues are not exclusive to this particular application or piece of software.
Instead, they are common to all programs and parts of the software. Several users have reported that while attempting to utilize Microsoft Teams, they are faced with a blank or, in some cases, a completely white screen. Microsoft has responded to the complaints.
After opening the In Teams application, users sometimes see a blank screen, which prevents them from carrying out any activities within the program. The bug currently afflicts the app, and neither the website’s internet edition nor its mobile version is affected.
It is anticipated that the problem will be resolved in one of the upcoming software upgrades or patches. It is possible to get a blank screen when using the Microsoft Teams program. In this post, we will cover how to address this issue.
How To Fix Microsoft Teams Black Screen
You can try several methods to fix the Microsoft Teams screen turning black issues; some of the easiest ways are restarting your System or using task manager to tweak settings.
Here are the steps to fix Microsoft Team black screen:
1. Reboot Your Computer
Occasionally, merely restarting the computer may be sufficient to resolve some of the difficulties related to Microsoft Teams. For example, to continue the System, right-click on the start menu and pick Shut down or sign out from the drop-down menu that appears.
Then select the option ‘Restart’ from the drop-down menu that appears. You can also restart your computer using the ALT + F4 key combination if you prefer to work with keyboard shortcuts rather than a mouse.
2. Use Task Manager
A Task Manager is a software application that assists us in keeping track of and controlling the numerous programs and processes currently running on our computer. This command can be used to terminate programs and procedures as well as other orders.
- To open the Task Manager, right-click anywhere on the Taskbar and select Task Manager from the context menu that appears.
- In the Task Manager, choose Microsoft Teams from the Apps drop-down menu and click on End Task at the bottom of the screen.
- Start the Microsoft Teams program, and the black screen issue should be resolved on its own without further intervention.
So far, all of the techniques we have looked at have been short-term workarounds rather than long-term answers to the problems we are trying to solve. To permanently address the issue, one of the two options indicated below should be used.
3. Run The Program Compatibility Troubleshooting
If the software is incompatible with another program, a function known as program compatibility is immediately activated to identify and resolve the issue.
- Selecting Troubleshoot compatibility from the context menu that appears when you right-click on the Microsoft Teams desktop icon will allow you to use this feature.
- The troubleshooter will go to work as soon as possible. The first option, Experiment with recommended settings, should be selected and followed by the on-screen instructions.
- Select the Test the program option from the drop-down menu to assess whether or not the new settings have resolved the problem. If you click on Test the program, a new window will open that will automatically close after a few seconds. The software will be tested in this window. When the window is completed, click on the Next button located at the bottom of the screen to proceed to the next stage in the process.
If the problem has been resolved, select the option. Yes, store these settings for this application from the drop-down menu that appears. If the issue has not been resolved yet, I the second option and continue with the steps.
4. Disable Hardware Acceleration
After successfully launching the Microsoft Teams program, you should disable hardware acceleration to resolve the black screen problem permanently. A substantial number of users have claimed that disabling hardware acceleration has been beneficial in addressing their difficulties with the software.
- Click on your photo or initials in the top-right corner of the Microsoft Teams app to bring up a menu while you are in the application. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- To turn off GPU hardware acceleration, uncheck the check box right next to Disable GPU hardware acceleration on the GPU configuration screen.
- Terminate the Microsoft Teams program by using the Task Manager application.
5. Launch Teams Meeting In Outlook
Launch Outlook on the web and select the New Teams Meeting option from the drop-down menu to participate in a new meeting. Many people have found success with this method of getting beyond the black screen problem on their computers. You should first determine whether or not Teams is operating correctly, and then you should withdraw your participation from that meeting.
6. Update Your Drivers
Inspect your graphics drivers to ensure that they are up to date. It is possible that out-of-date drivers can result in several display problems, including the one we will be addressing in this post and others.
- To expand the list of available display adapters, open the Device Manager and select Display Adapters from the drop-down menu.
- Using the context menu, right-click on your GPU and select Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- Following a restart of your computer, check to see if the black screen is still visible.
- Then, if the problem continues, right-click on your GPU driver and select Uninstall device from the context menu that appears. If the driver has gotten corrupted, this should be sufficient to rectify the problem.
- After that, restart your computer and launch Microsoft Teams once more to finish the procedure.
7. Lower The Resolution
Reduce the resolution of your screen and see if it resolves the issue for you. Consider raising the resolution of your computer’s screen if the problem with the black screen window only happens when you share your screen.
- Access the Settings menu by selecting System from the drop-down menu. Then choose Display from the list of options.
- If you want to reduce the size of the image, use the drop-down menu under Scale and Layout to choose from various smaller resolutions. Let’s take a look at the study’s conclusions.
- Double-check to be sure you’re not trying to stream material protected by intellectual property rights since this can be a problem. When you use screen sharing on Teams, for example, if you have a Netflix window open, the Netflix window will collapse, and the app window will disappear when the screen sharing is enabled on Teams.
The fact that nothing is wrong with the program or your computer, in general, should not cause you to be worried. Teams have been intended to function to prevent you from sharing anything protected by intellectual property rights with others.
8. Close Other Apps And Restart Teams
To guarantee that TeamForWeb is functioning correctly, it should be tested. Most of the time, difficulties that impact the desktop version of software do not affect the online performance of the same product. A handful of Teams customers have also noted that the black screen that frequently displays shortly after launching the Snipping Tool is an additional problem. Before you begin using the Snipping Tool, be that Teams has been completely shut off. Depending on whether or not there have been improvements, you may want to re-launch Teams to see if more improvements have been made. It is necessary to follow the actions outlined below to shut down all processes and resume TeamSpeak.
- You will be able to remove your Teams account after you have logged out of your account.
- To find any instances of Microsoft Teams operating in the background of your computer, open the Task Manager and search for them.
- Right-click on the processes you wish to terminate and select End Process from the context menu that appears.
- The Microsoft teams have completed their tasks.
- Before restarting the Teams application, be sure that the Task Manager software is closed down. To assess whether or not the problem remains, check if the app window is still dark after logging in.
If you have a Surface device and have been having this problem regularly, be sure to utilize the End task option every time you dock and undock your tablet to stop the process from repeating. When docking or undocking the device, customers have reported that an unresponsive app window is frequently seen, which they believe to be a bug.
Numerous customers have complained that the Teams desktop application window becomes unresponsive shortly after being started on occasion. There appear to be no accessible options since the app window is entirely dark. Teams show a dark screen in the meeting window at other times without providing any more information. The methods mentioned above will aid you in fixing the Microsoft Teams black screen issue. Additionally, if you comprehend the way, you will resolve comparable difficulties with other programs.
How to leave the Microsoft team?
To exit Teams, choose your profile image and then select Sign out. You can sign in later with the same account or a different one.
Why is my Microsoft Teams screen blank?
Your computer’s Microsoft Teams software may be outdated, causing a blank white screen.