When you are playing your favorite game on your PlayStation 5, the game abruptly crashes, or the screen freezes or worse, the game keeps shutting down at random. If these are the troubles you face, you have arrived at the correct location on the Internet for help and assistance. Don’t be alarmed, though; everything will be fine.
These are often short-term issues that you can take care of on your own in a short amount of time if you are proactive. In this section, we’ll narrow down the list of basic fixes and walk you through each step of the process step-by-step.
If you are experiencing freezing and crashing issues on your PlayStation 4, you can try restarting your PlayStation 5. In many cases, one of the most prevalent causes of the PlayStation 5 console crashing or freezing is that the System has been configured to use the rest mode feature. Throughout this post, we’ll talk about how the Sony PlayStation 5 is constantly crashing and how this occurs far too frequently.
Why Is My PS5 Crashing So Many Times?
The feeling of having your PlayStation 5 collapse in front of you, especially if it happens frequently, can be frightening. It’s crucial to realize that, for the most part, these are transient issues that can be remedied quickly and easily, and in many cases, on your initiative. Several scenarios that could result in a computer freezing or crashing are listed in the following section.
It is conceivable that this problem is caused by an overly aggressive rest mode, outdated PS5 system software, overheating of your console, an enabled HDMI device link, or an unpleasant hardware fault. Another option is that the game’s code contains random defects to blame.
In some cases, putting your PS5 console into aggressive Rest mode, running outdated PS5 system software, overheating the console, using an enabled HDMI device link, or experiencing a hardware failure may all be contributing factors to the crashing or freezing issue you are sharing on your console.
On the other hand, random flaws inside the game’s code are likely the source of the problem at specific points throughout the game. If your Sony PlayStation 5 is suffering frequent crashes, you can resolve the situation like you would any other problem on the Internet. To determine the Sony PS5 crashing issue regularly, following the instructions outlined below is necessary.
How to Fix PS5 Crashing/Freezing Issues
Console for playing video games It is widely acknowledged that Sony’s Playstation is one of the most commonly utilized gaming systems globally. The PlayStation 5 (PS5) is the most recent iteration of the Playstation system series, and it was released in November 2013. This item was purchased so that you could play specific high-end titles or Sony-exclusive releases on your computer.
Experiencing technological difficulties while participating in a game would be aggravated and irritating. The PS5 has been crashing, freezing, and shutting down on its own, which has prompted several concerns from customers concerned about the issue. Not only is it feasible to address the Sony PlayStation 5 crashing issue quickly and easily, but several different strategies may be employed to accomplish this.
Here are the steps to fix PS5 Crashing/Freezing Issues:
Rebuild PS5 Database
It is possible to wipe all of the data on your PlayStation 5 system by selecting Refresh Database from the menu bar on your console. The PS5 hard drive is also cleaned out, and the freezing issue that has plagued the System for some time is resolved due to this. It is necessary to connect the PS5 DualSense controller to a computer through a USB cable before pressing the PS button on the controller to pair it with a computer.
The following are the steps to re-create the PS5 Database:
- Turn off your PlayStation 5.
- A sound cue will put your computer into Safe Mode.
- Select the fifth option, Rebuild Database, from the drop-down menu.
After attempting and failing to resolve the crashing or freezing issue, the following approach is recommended to try to fix the problem.
Disable Rest Mode
A feature called Rest Mode can be found on the PlayStation 5 console. When you use this power-saving mode, you can download or install a game while only using a small amount of electricity from the wall socket to do so. It will automatically enter Rest mode if the console is left unattended for an extended period without being used in any way.
This is done to conserve battery life. If your PlayStation 5 crashes while you are playing a game or simply sitting idle on the Home screen, it is most likely due to the aggressive Rest mode enabled on the console. Several gamers have reported that when the console is woken from its rest state, they have experienced the same crashing issue as previously described. It is possible that disabling the rest mode will solve your problems. Follow the steps outlined below to accomplish this.
- It is possible to access the System option from the PlayStation 5’s options menu.
- Selecting the Power Saving option is highly recommended. Then, select the appropriate amount of time until the PS5 enters sleep mode.
- When using the Don’t Put in Rest Mode option, it is possible to select Don’t Put in Rest Mode from the drop-down box that appears for both the During Media Playback and the While Playing Games options.
Restarting your console will determine whether the problem persists after you have returned to the Home page. If it does, the issue has been resolved.
Restart Or Reset Your PlayStation 5
Another possibility is that the PlayStation 5 is crashing because of a temporary problem that can be resolved by simply restarting your PlayStation. It is sufficient to shut down the PS5 and then restart it to determine whether the problem has been resolved or has resurfaced again.
After all, is said and done, the only thing you can do to resolve this issue on your own is to reset the System’s configuration completely.
If you have an unwelcome or temporary problem with your device, you should try to reset it. Because it is a time-consuming and comparatively tricky procedure, it is only used as a last resort after all other possible workarounds have been exhausted.
IMPORTANT: If you perform a factory reset on your console, any games and game data stored on it will be lost forever. Ensure that your game data has been uploaded to PS or that you have manually backed up all of the data on an external hard drive before proceeding with the rest of the process. The steps that follow will walk you through the process of creating a complete backup of your data:
- To get to the configurations menu, go to the main menu and choose it from there.
- System Software can be found by selecting System from the drop-down menu, followed by System Software from the same menu.
- You will be able to back up and restore your data if you choose the appropriate option from the drop-down menu. As a precautionary measure, everything on your PlayStation 5 is fully functional.
- You can create a backup of your data by selecting your hard drive and pressing the Back up now button.
Listed below is everything you need to know about performing a factory reset on your device:
- Continue to hold down the power button until you hear the beeps stop for a total of two seconds.
- The PS button on the analog stick of the controller’s analog stick, located on the left, must be pressed to enter Safe Mode.
- By selecting the sixth option from the drop-down menu, you can reset your PlayStation 5 console.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to bring your console back online, and you’ll be good to go.
Performing a factory reset will likely resolve the crashing and freezing issues you are experiencing, as well as any other issues you may be having with your device.
Update Your PS5’s System Software
During the first few months following the debut of the PlayStation 5, customers reported a dramatic rise in the frequency of incidents of freezing and crashing while playing games on the System. As with any new piece of technology or software, there were bugs with the PlayStation 5 firmware, as with any unused part of technology or program.
As a result of this input, Sony responded by issuing hotfixes and firmware updates that resolved the problem. It will automatically update its system software and all of its apps if you keep your PlayStation 5 connected to the Internet at all times. Those who do not frequently play online or have turned off automatic updates will need to upgrade the firmware on their consoles manually.
The following are the methods to be followed to boost the firmware on your PlayStation 5:
- Navigate to the PlayStation 5 settings menu by pressing the Y button on your controller.
- The System can be selected by hovering your cursor and clicking on it.
- System Software Update & Configuration can be found in the drop-down menu on the right.
- A select System software update from the drop-down box to begin the process.
- Keeping up with the latest news and information via the Internet (if you connected your PS5 to the Internet)
- A select System software update from the drop-down box to begin the process.
- Updates are being downloaded. Using a USB Flash Drive (if you have the latest software downloaded on a USB drive)
In addition to a system software upgrade, the PS5 will undertake a database rebuild and a system restart. In such a case, this may solve your problem.
If your PlayStation 5 is overheating, and you want to eliminate the overheating problem, you should place the console in an open, clean area. Natural heat dissipation will be enabled as a result of this action. If feasible, you should try to arrange it so that it rests at least 5 inches away from the wall when it is not in use. Additionally, clean the vents regularly to prevent dust accumulation from building inside the house.
The first thing you should do if you detect thunderous fan noises coming from your PlayStation 5 is to open the console and thoroughly clean it from the inside. If you cannot complete the task on your own, it is recommended that you take it to a service center for further assistance.
Some of the factors that contribute to overheating on the PS5 are as follows: It is necessary to render graphics-intensive games, such as AAA titles, for an extended amount of time. There is insufficient ventilation in the area surrounding the console. Having dust build up in the air vents or the cooler happens quite frequently. The air vents will be blowing hot air at you, which you will feel when it hits your skin.
The Cooler is constantly running, which raises the surrounding noise volume. You would suffer stuttering or frame dropouts while playing the game. It’s conceivable that white or black dots will appear on the screen at certain times. To fix the overheating issue with your PlayStation 5, follow these steps:
- Place the console in a well-lit, clean, well-ventilated room with plenty of natural light.
- To ensure that it is at least 5 inches away from the wall surface on which it is to be installed, position it as follows:
- Ventilation systems should be cleaned regularly to keep dust accumulation to a minimum. If the fan is making abnormally loud noises, remove it from the wall and thoroughly clean it from the inside out using compressed air.
If you see any signs of overheating, use the instructions above to bring the temperature down as rapidly as possible. Crashing and freezing should not be an issue while playing the games.
Reinstall Or Update the Particular Game.
Alternatively, you might try playing several games to check if the crashing or freezing is constant across all of them, as previously detailed above. Assuming that all other games are operating normally, it is almost certain that the problem is with that one game. If this is the case, you are not alone in encountering this issue; many other gamers suffer the same thing as you.
Furthermore, it’s probable that the developers are already aware of the problem and have created or will create a patch to remedy it if necessary. Using the procedures below, you can reinstall any game you have previously purchased.
- Navigate to the PS5 configurations.
- Select Storage from the drop-down option, then Games and Apps to begin.
- Select the game from your computer’s list of installed programs and press the Delete button to uninstall it.
- Return to the PlayStation 5’s home screen by pressing the Y button.
- Go to your Game Library and pick Reinstall from the drop-down menu to reinstall the game.
A helpful reminder is that the PlayStation 5 will automatically upgrade a game or app to the most recent version if it is not already on the most current version. Detailed instructions on how to resolve the PS5 beagle problem are provided below. The following are the steps that must be completed to upgrade your game:
- By choosing the options button, you will select the game you want to update.
- From the drop-down option, select Check for Updates to begin the process.
- Make sure to download any updates that may be available.
If the game continues to crash while you are playing it, you have two options: either report the problem to rectify it or wait for a new patch to be made available.
Reach Out to PlayStation Support
On the other hand, if your PlayStation is experiencing a problem that you are unable to handle on your own, you should contact a professional. Because they are trained specialists acquainted with addressing these types of situations, you should seek aid and assign responsibility to them immediately.
To resolve freeze and crashing issues on your PlayStation 5, all you have to do is restart your PlayStation 5, check your PS5 Power Cord, or reinstall the specific game you are currently playing and experiencing this issue. Even though Rest Mode is activated by default on the PlayStation 5, most players are experiencing difficulties. First and foremost, disabling the rest mode will help remedy the problem.
There have been reports of freezing and crashing issues in games such as Spider-Man Remastered, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Returnal, and Call of Duty Cold War, among others, on the Sony PlayStation 5. We hope that you successfully resolved your PS5 crashing issues by following the steps in this post.
How do you turn off a frozen PS5?
To begin, shut down your PS5. To do this, press and hold the Power button on the front of the console for a few seconds.
Why does my game keep crashing PS5?
The use of out-of-date PS5 system software, a hot console, an enabled HDMI device link, or a hardware malfunction can all contribute to your PS5 crashing or freezing.