Tales of Arise, the next action-RPG video game from Bandai Namco, has been released on the PC platform for the first time. In the same manner that each other PC game includes controller compatibility, Tales of Arise does. However, it appears some players have been encountering difficulty while using controllers in the game, and the developers have confirmed.
However, even though Tales of Arise has been available for quite some time, it looks that the PC version of the game is encountering some troubles. In response to the unresponsive Controller in the PC edition of Tales of Arise, we have already received many concerns and requests for information on how to resolve the problem.
Tales of Arise has encountered a situation where the game does not respond to the Controller when played on a computer. This post will guide you through the process of overcoming this issue and getting back to playing Tales of Arise on PC with a controller.
How To Fix The Controller Issue In Tales Of Arise
First and foremost, to remedy the issue occurring with the controllers, we must determine why the developers themselves have made reference to notes on the matter in the first place. When it comes to integrating with Steam, it appears that controllers are experiencing some difficulty.
For the platform to recognize the input from the Controller, the platform must have both the Controller and the platform’s parameters declared explicitly.
The developers have also said that the issue may be due to a few beta conflicts, which means you will have to delete the Beta to play with the Controller.
Here are the steps to fix the controller not working on Tales of Arise:
1. Update The Drivers
If your computer does not already have the driver for your game controller loaded, it may do so in the future, just as it is with any other external device. Your Controller in Tales of Arise isn’t reacting appropriately, which is one of the elements contributing to this problem.
If you know the name of the company that made your device, you may go to their website and download the drivers you need from there. You may also contact them if you need help determining which driver version is best suited for your particular machine. Suppose you cannot locate the most appropriate and correct controller driver for your device.
In that case, it is possible to use third-party software to automatically download and install the most recent driver updates for any available hardware connected to your computer. To have your PC automatically updated with the most recent driver version available, you may use IObit’s driver booster or Driver Easy, which is our suggestion.
- Enter device manager in the search box on the taskbar, and then pick Device Manager from the drop-down menu that appears on the right side of the window that displays.
- To examine the names of the devices that belong under a specific category, choose one from the list and right-click (or press and hold) the item that needs to be modified.
- The option Search automatically for updated driver software from the Driver Updates drop-down menu can be selected if you want to search for updated driver software regularly.
- You can find the driver update option by selecting it from the drop-down menu on the right.
2. Use Third-Party Controller support
Another alternative for mending your Controller is to use controller software that a third-party company has produced. Even though there are a variety of gamepad controllers available, the ones mentioned below have all been adequately tested and are thus strongly recommended for use in this tutorial.
- Key sticks
- Pinnacle Game Profiler
It would be best if you remembered that we are not affiliated with any of the third-party controllers that we have included on this page. The information in the preceding list is based on our own experience with the products mentioned in it. Also, read about the Tales of Arise best graphics settings.
3. Opt-out of Steam Beta program
Many others have already succeeded in resolving this issue, and it is a lot simpler than you would think. Make an investigation into the possible remedy to this problem that Steam users have suggested.
- If you are presently a participant in the Steam Beta program, you must first opt out of the program before proceeding. You can choose to be removed from any beta programs by heading to Settings > Account > Change > NONE in the menu bar. – Select “No” from the drop-down menu to opt-out of all beta programs. After this point, Steam should be saved and restarted to complete the process.
- Click Add Library Folder and follow the on-screen directions to create a new library folder in the Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders section of the Steam client. For those of you who already have numerous Steam Library folders, you may delete them by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders and selecting them to delete. Select the primary Steam Library folder from the drop-down menu to begin working with it there.
Tales of Arise may be played by launching Steam and browsing to your Library; right-click on the game’s corresponding icon, and then pick Controller from the context menu that appears. Steam Input may be enabled for Tales of Arise by selecting ‘Override for Tales of Arise’ from the drop-down menu on the right.
- Tales of Arise must be launched first, and then the Start button must be pushed for the game to begin playing.
- If you are starting a new game with the ‘New Game’ option selected, it will be the first thing that appears on the screen. Select Steam Controller Settings from the list of options in the drop-down menu that appears.
- The Steam Controller in Tales of Arise may be configured in several ways (in English).
- Choose ‘Official Configuration for Tales of Arise’ from the drop-down menu that appears after browsing Configs for the Controller that best suits your needs.
- If you have previously finished the game, click on the ‘Continue’ option to continue playing.
- To access the controls, press Tab on your keyboard, followed by Controls on your computer keyboard. After that, you will be able to access the setting from that point onwards. Make the necessary modifications to your strategy.
- You have the option to restart the game if necessary. When you initially start the game, be sure that your gamepad is correctly linked to your computer.
To establish whether or not the gamepad is functional, check whether or not you can bypass intro logos using button presses on the Controller. All that is required of you is that you adhere to the guidelines. It should be noted that all of your controllers should be operational at this time on the official Tales of Arise Steam discussion page, which you can reach by clicking here; more than a few community members have already confirmed that this update is presently in effect.
Additional reports indicate that moving the game to Steam’s standard installation location is sufficient to resolve the issue, removing the necessity of adjusting the Steam input options altogether. For example, the Steam Library folder on your C Drive serves as an excellent representation of what I’m referring to here.
4. Restart The Game
Your gamepad should already be connected to your computer when the game is initially launched for optimal performance. Keep an eye on the game to ensure that it does not become sidetracked. To establish whether or not the gamepad is functional, check whether or not you can bypass intro logos using button presses on the Controller.
If you prefer to continue utilizing Steam Beta, you may do so by reversing Step 1 and entering it again. While using the current version, the Beta version eliminates the need to re-add Steam Library directories, which was previously required. Even when you are playing in Beta, your gamepad will continue to function normally as long as it is in working order; however, you will not access the Official settings while you are playing in Beta.
Strangely, other gamers report no difficulties with their controllers on laptops or desktops. Those who are having trouble can use the steps above to get their controllers working. Otherwise, try Steam’s Big Picture Mode, which is excellent for utilizing a controller with a PC.
Unofficially, users are exchanging patched files to fix the controller compatibility issue. Attention: the modified file may harm your computer or install malware. Tales of Arise has received high praise on Steam for its gameplay, story, and cast. The majority of its detractors had concerns with controller compatibility. A patch to automatically enable controller compatibility for PC players is unknown.
What to do if the Controller is not working?
If the original USB cable has failed, a popular option is to try connecting the controller to a different USB port.
How do you update a controller’s configuration?
To do so, hit the Xbox button to access the guide, then select Profile & system>Settings>Devices & connections>Accessories. Select the Xbox Wireless Controller screen to view your Controller’s firmware version.