While looking for ways to speed up PS5 downloads and guidelines on configuring the console so that downloads may take place even while the console is in Rest Mode, you have arrived at the right place. PS5 not downloading games in rest mode is a big problem as gamers need to keep their PS5 in rest mode and download games as well.
When you are trying to increase the speed of your PS5 downloads, the quickest and most accessible option is to increase your internet connection speed. To accelerate the download of the PlayStation 5, there are a few simple approaches that you can take.
PS5 Rest mode prevents you from turning your PS5 back on using the Dual Sense or by pressing the power button on the controller’s controller. Additionally, you will probably experience a significant data loss of your game saves. Aside from that, your console may be unable to switch on for a brief amount of time. With the PlayStation 5 in Rest Mode, the console enters a low-power state that allows you to resume playing without restarting the system entirely.
The PlayStation 5 was released to appreciation from the critics and the general public. In the first few hours after the pre-order period opened, almost all PlayStation 5 systems were gone.
Note that the PlayStation 5 was a huge success does not mean that the next-generation system will be free of flaws. Follow the actions given below to guarantee that your console’s downloads may continue while it is in Rest Mode.
What Is Rest Mode On PS5
While not completely shutting down the console, rest mode is a fantastic alternative for conserving battery life. The controllers continue to charge, and any is currently running games will remain suspended, allowing players to pick up where they left off when the game is brought back to life in rest mode.
Rest mode may be activated by pressing and holding the PlayStation button on your controller for three seconds, which will turn off the PS5. You will find a menu with various options in the far right corner of the screen; one of them is to switch off the computer.
When the user presses this button, they are provided with three options: rest mode, shutting down the console, and restarting it. Put your PlayStation 5 in rest mode, and you will be able to accomplish some things without needing to charge it all the way.
Turning off the console saves power and is necessary before removing the device, instead of restarting, which turns the console off and back on. Restarting saves both time and energy.
In addition, if you use the PlayStation App, you may take advantage of the Remote Play capabilities, which allow you to install games and other programs while you’re away from your console or computer.
How to Fix PlayStation 5 Not Downloading In Rest Mode
Rest mode is a PlayStation 5 feature that stops any further energy provided to your system while you are playing. Consequently, it draws some power, but at a significantly reduced rate than if it were entirely switched on.
As soon as you push the physical power button on the PlayStation 5, the machine will instantly go into Rest Mode and remain there. With the help of this power option, it is possible to put your PS5 console into a low-power configuration.
The choice is enabled by default on your PlayStation 5 machine, which is a good thing. By picking this option, you will be able to resume where you left off. Many gamers choose to employ Rest Mode rather than halt their games for 30 minutes or more to prevent it.
After you have enabled Rest Mode on your computer, you must connect the power cable to the computer. Unless you carefully remove the AC power cord from your PS5 console when the power light on the console is flashing, you may suffer data loss as a result. It is also possible that the hardware of the PlayStation 5 will be harmed as a result of this occurrence.
Here are the steps to fix PS5 not downloading games in rest mode:
1. Stay Connected To the Internet
Because you have most likely not updated your settings to reflect this, you will be unable to download the games while in rest mode. While in rest mode, your PS5 will not download games since the console is in a low-power state, which prevents the system from downloading games.
Due to the low-power status, the console can continue to operate normally. To download games when your console is in rest mode, you must first connect it to the internet via a cable or wireless router; to download the games while in rest mode, you must maintain your internet connection active at the same time.
As a result, before putting your PlayStation 5 into sleep mode, double-check that all of these options are turned on.
The following are the steps to take to connect to the internet when your PS5 is in rest mode:
- Select Settings from the PlayStation 5’s main menu.
- The system can be selected from the drop-down menu.
- Choose it from the drop-down option if you want to conserve energy.
- When you see a function only available in rest mode, click on the x button next to it.
- Continue to connect to the internet by selecting the connected stay option from the menu bar.
- Make a copy of your current settings.
Now while your PlayStation 5 is in rest mode, you will be able to download games and firmware updates for your system.
2. Pause and Resume PS5 Downloads
However effective your internet plan may be, if you do not have the right gear, you will not obtain the speeds the provider has promised. When purchasing an internet plan, it is essential to double-check the router and modem specifications to verify that you are receiving the internet speed for which you have paid.
Stopping and resuming the download process may be necessary if your download has been stuck at a certain percentage for an extended length of time, as described below.
- To access the Control Center, you must first switch on your PS5 controller and then hit the PS button on the controller.
- First select Downloads/Uploads from the drop-down list.
- To begin the download, choose the download and click the Options button on the PS5 controller to initiate it.
- To pause the video, use the Pause button.
- It is possible to continue the download by hitting the PS button to bring up the Control Center, then choosing Downloads from the menu.
- Select the paused download and then choose Resume from the drop-down menu that appears.
3. Enable Download And Install System Updates Automatically
Since you are irritated that you must install a new system update every time you boot up your PlayStation 5, continue reading this article. If this is the case, there is some good news for you. The option to download and install System Updates is automatically available when your computer is in rest mode.
For System Updates to be automatically downloaded and installed, follow these procedures:
- To reach the Settings menu, select the gear symbol from the toolbar.
- The system can be selected from the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down box, choose System Software to continue.
- By tapping the x key, you may dismiss the System Software Update and Settings window.
- Automatic download and installation of update files can be enabled by selecting this option.
- To save the changes, select the Save option from the drop-down menu.
While your system is in rest mode, this function will continually keep your system up to date with the most recent patches and updates available. As a result, you will not have to waste time upgrading the console every time you switch on your PlayStation 5 or turn it on.
Also, enable download and install game files automatically on your PS5. If you turn off this function, your games will not be downloaded or updated automatically anymore. If you want to have games downloaded automatically, you need to follow the steps listed below.
- Select the Settings option from the drop-down menu to open the Settings menu.
- This menu allows you to access your saved data as well as your game/app settings.
- Automatic updates can be selected from the drop-down menu.
- Activate the Auto-Download feature on your computer.
- From the drop-down option, select Auto-Install in Rest Mode to begin the installation process.
- To save your changes, press the X key on your keyboard.
While in the rest mode, you may now have games downloaded to your computer without any extra hassle.
4. Upgrade Your PlayStation 5
Every few months, Sony releases system improvements to ensure that users have a more bug-free user experience. Furthermore, upgrading system software will resolve any issues that have arisen in the past.
How to update your PlayStation 5 is as follows:
- Start the PlayStation 5 system in Safe Mode by pressing the Start button.
- Continue pressing and holding the power button until the second beep is heard. In seven seconds, the sound should be audible on the other end.
- Connect your Dual Sense to the USB C connector on your computer to begin exploring the options.
- To update system software while in Safe Mode, select Option 3 from the menu bar.
- To turn it on, tap the x button. Using the internet to update the PlayStation 5 software
It will now attempt to download the necessary system software from the internet on the PlayStation 5. After the PS5 has been upgraded, you should be able to solve your issue more effectively.
5. Reset to PlayStation 5 Factory Settings
If none of the other options work, you can try resetting your PlayStation 5. Hopefully, you’ve been able to resolve your issue at this time. However, if you can still locate a solution, you might want to consider trying this one.
Reset the PlayStation 5 as follows:
- Safe mode is the only way to start your PlayStation 5. This can be accomplished by pressing and holding the power button for approximately 10 seconds.
- The USB connector on your DualSence should be used to connect it to your computer.
- Select Reset Your Console from the drop-down menu.
- Allow for the completion of the procedure.
Your PS5 may be bricked if you disconnect it while it is being reset.
After you’ve completed the factory reset, turn on your PlayStation 5 and check if you can download in rest mode or not.
There are no risks that come with using the PS5’s rest mode. Many PS5 customers, however, have stated that when they attempt to exit Rest Mode, the machine remains slow or creates other issues.
Close all applications and games before entering Rest Mode to avoid problems. You are more likely to experience troubles and malfunctions if you enable Rest Mode while your games are still running in the background.
Wait a few minutes after you’ve finished playing your game on an external disk before placing your console into Rest Mode to avoid causing difficulties. You will be able to download games when in rest mode if you go through the steps above.
Can PS5 download while in rest mode?
If you maintain a stable internet connection being in Rest Mode, your PS5 will download games, apps, and system software updates and back up your saved data to the cloud.
How to fix PS5 rest mode?
Select Power Saving from the System Settings menu. Afterward, select Don’t Put PS5 in Rest Mode.