So you want the best water cooling kit for your gaming PC? Well, before that, tell me why do you want the best CPU water cooling kit?
Well, as a gamer and PC enthusiast, you may have a lot of good points to share. But we all know the main reason.
You’ve guessed it right. I’m talking about the performance.
The math is simple. When you let your CPU run at cooler temperatures, modern CPU functionalities can boost clock speeds. This way, you get better performance from your CPU.
Don’t have much time to read? Then here’s my recommended Water Cooling kit for you.
That, in turn, results in buttery-smooth gaming and productivity. As a matter of fact, in contrast to air cooling your CPU, you will see an 8-10 degrees dip in CPU temperatures. Clearly, this lets you overclock your CPU to higher clock speeds. And yes, that’s how you end up with better performance.
Today, I have a couple of options for the best liquid cooling kits in 2021. I will go through them one by one, talking about their features and shortcomings. So, let’s get started!
7 Best Custom Water Cooling Kit Reviewed
I have tested and reviewed the Watercooling kits extensively to make sure that you make the right choice in getting one. You will get to know all about these water cooling kits including the list of components they consist, their unique features and overclocking performances.
So, here are the best water cooling kit for gaming PC:
1. Corsair Hydro X Series XH305i
Corsair, as a PC hardware brand, doesn’t need any introduction. Even in 2021, Corsair water cooling kits hold a good chunk of the market share.
And that’s because of the overall reliability it provides to its customers. PC gamers and enthusiasts love the way Corsair designs its products. As a matter of fact, many will argue that Corsair is the best PC hardware brand on the market.
As I am talking about water cooling kits today, I will start off with the Corsair Hydro X Series XH305i Hardline Water Cooling kit. And I did clarify why I gave Corsair the no.1 spot above.
Highlighted Features of Corsair Hydro X Series XH350i:
- Features solid support for Corsair iCUE software.
- Highly customizable lighting effects for CPU block and RGB fans.
- The XT tubes are super easy to bend and offer robust rigidity.
- Features a copper-plated nickel CPU block construction.
- CPU cooling performance is superior in contrast to other brands.
- All components feature Addressable RGB.
- There’s very little possibility of corrosion.
- Super easy installation with intuitive RGB integration.
Before we start talking about the performance, here are the contents of this liquid water cooling kit:
- Corsair XC7 RGB CPU water block
- Corsair XR5 360mm water block
- Corsair XD5 pump/reservoir combo
- Corsair iCUE QL120 RGB fans (set of 3)
- Corsair XT hardline tubing (3m-10/14mm) and kit
- 250ml filling water bottle
- 8-hardline 14mm fittings
- 90-degree rotary adapters (set of 2)
- Corsair XL5 clear coolant
- Corsair Commander PRO RGB controller
- Cutting saw
From the highlighted features, it should be evident what I’m trying to say. The XH305i comes with all the bells and whistles you could possibly need to get extra overclocking headroom. And that does convert to extra performance.
The RGB lighting and design choices are both aesthetically pleasing. As for the performance, the premium quality parts do most of the heat dissipation. For this very reason, you don’t have to worry about excessive thermals.
And this gives you the ability to overclock your CPU to better figures. And don’t you worry about stability, as this 30mm thick radiator cooling kit can sustain longer periods without a hiccup.
Even long hours of gaming will not let the CPU reach 90-degrees easily. And that’s why you may want to consider the XH305i as your first option.
On top of that, the XH305i is one of the easier water cooling kits to get started! If you’re just getting into water cooling, then I would suggest you give the XH305i a shot. As there are clear and concise instructions, you will certainly have no issues whatsoever.
So, why is the Corsair XH305i worth it?
Yes, the pricing does seem to be in the premium category. And the pump performance could be better.
But as a complete package, the overall performance is unmatched. So, if you value both performance and aesthetics, then going with the XH350i Cooling kit from Corsair is the best choice for either your Intel or AMD gaming rig.
2. Thermaltake Pacific C360
Thermaltake has been around for a long time in the PC gaming industry. Throughout the years, they have shown excellent progression in the gaming market space.
And I have a water cooling kit of their occupying the 2nd spot in our review for the best water cooling kit.
The Pacific 360 water cooling kit from Thermaltake takes a very unconventional approach and allows the user to have more control over the installation process.
Highlighted Features of Thermaltake Pacific C360:
- Features 7 pre-defined RGB color profiles along with support for various color schemes.
- Super-slim copper radiator with 17-fins per inch.
- The radiator thickness is only 27mm, suitable for compact builds.
- Excellent leak-proof O-rings offer excellent compression.
- It comes with both Intel and AMD support brackets.
- It’s a super easy CPU cooling kit for intermediate users.
Here are the things you get in the box:
- Pacific W4 ARGB CPU water block
- Pacific PR15-DDC pump/reservoir
- Pacific 360-radiator
- 3-ARGB fans with controller
- 16mm PETG compression fittings
- 90-degree adapter (set of 2)
- PETG 16mm tubing (set of 8)
- T1000 Clear Coolant
- Included Accessories (CPU mounts and more)
From an aesthetic point of view, this water cooling kit is one of the best in the business. The clear CPU block illuminates the RGB lighting like a charm. And the tubing helps resonate that lighting in excellent fashion.
As for the performance, it’s right on par with other top brands. There’s no leaking to report whatsoever as the fittings wrap around nicely. And the 27mm radiator design allows sets into super tight PC cases.
So, if you’re thinking of building a small form-factor gaming PC, then this can be a decent choice for you.
Furthermore, the thermal performance is decent as well. It can sustain long gaming and productivity session and keep the CPU temps in the 65-70 degree range (depends on a load of course!). As a whole, you will find the thermal performance to be satisfactory.
The only major issue may be the screw lengths. Otherwise, it’s got all the necessary tools you need to get into CPU liquid cooling. From what I’ve seen so far, I can promise that you’ll be happy with what you’re getting for your cash.
Do check it out if you’re interested.
3. CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Maker 240
CoolerMaster is a well-known brand in the gaming PC peripherals space. Their industry-leading keyboard designs are often 1st choices for gamers and enthusiasts alike.
Highlighted Features of CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Maker 240:
- Exceptional in-house flow balancing cooling kit design.
- The copper fins distribution allows for top-notch heat dissipation.
- Pink coolant is non-corrosive and offers stable temperatures.
- 3-phase fan design keeps the decibel levels low.
- 100% CNC-designed water block offers excellent heat transfer.
- G-¼ fittings are reliable and don’t leak at all.
- The overall installation process is satisfactorily easy.
But before that, here’s what the package includes:
- 240mm radiator with mounting brackets (Intel/AMD)
- 2-fans (120mm) with a maximum rated speed of 2000 rpm
- 6-compression fittings
- 1.2-meter tubing
- 100ml pink coolant
- Fan and RGB splitter
From the looks of it, it doesn’t seem much right. And that’s true. Because the MasterLiquid Maker doesn’t just go for its performance.
It’s more about performing better!
And that’s what the MasterLiquid does well. As a matter of fact, it does so while keeping the cost reasonable.
In terms of aesthetics, you will find this liquid cooler kit to be tasteful. The pink coolant will complement white gaming builds as a whole. And if you match the RGB color profiles, then it just looks stunning!
And the heat removal capacity of this CPU cooling kit is decent as well. While sustaining heavy loads, you will not find the CPU to reach 90-degrees easily. And that’s because of the careful design execution of the radiator and CPU block.
So overall, the performance is top-notch. And the aesthetics aren’t bad either.
Although the installation process is easy, the manual doesn’t really help that much. So beginners won’t really find it very useful. But if you’re an intermediate user, then you’ll find the installation process satisfactory.
And that’s really the only major flaw. From a performance standpoint, it doesn’t matter whether you’re an Intel or an AMD user. In both cases, the performance is on par with other high-end choices.
4. EKWB EK-Quantum Power P240
Can you tell us why EK Water Blocks is such a big deal in the custom water cooling market?
Well, there are a couple of reasons. But the main reason is that EK solely focuses its efforts on the Water Cooling of PC components. And they have been doing extensive research in how to achieve better component cooling.
Highlighted Features of EK-Quantum Power P240:
- It’s a highly customizable liquid cooling kit suitable for both Intel and AMD systems.
- It’s a 240mm dual-design, offers more than acceptable cooling efficiency.
- Nickel-Plexi water block offers adequate heat dissipation capacity.
- Top-notch RGB lighting aesthetics.
- The cooling kit comes with all the necessary parts to get started.
- A highly suitable liquid cooler kit for small form factor builds.
With the cooling kit package, you’re getting:
- EK-Velocity plexi+nickel water block
- Coolstream PE 240mm triple radiator
- EK-Varder EVO 120mm DRGB fans (2-piece set)
- EK Quantum Kinetic pump/reservoir
- 2-meter DuraClear tubing
- EK-CryoFuel clear coolant
- EK torque compression and angled fittings
- Mounting brackets
If you take a close look at the cooler and CPU water block, you’ll see that the craftsmanship is extraordinary. Careful metal crafting is one of the prime reasons for this CPU cooler to reach temps greater than 85-degrees. And that’s under heavy sustained loads.
From an aesthetic standpoint, the EKWB P240 makes the cut as well. It will blend in with either a black or white PC build. And the RGB lighting feels subtle, yet extravagant. It all binds together and gives a tasteful experience.
Now, let’s talk about buying the EKWB P240. Is it really worth it? Will it offer decent performance with your Intel/AMD CPU?
The pricing of this EK-Quantum Water Cooling kit is on the high side. Still, the performance is more than enough to justify it. As a matter of fact, there are many top-of-the-line CPU water coolers that can’t deliver this level of performance for the price.
That is why I can whole-heartedly endorse this to the enthusiast-class of PC users. You won’t regret it!
5. Corsair Hydro X Series XH303i
The Corsair Hydro XH303i is like the smaller sibling to the XH303i. Although there’s not a ton of difference between the two, there are some changes to the XH305i. As it is like the updated XH303i, it is only natural that it will offer better performance.
But the XH303i isn’t too shabby itself. As a matter of fact, it offers performance levels close to the XH305i.
Highlighted Features of Corsair Hydro XH303i:
- Features Customizable RGB blocks and fans with proper iCUE support.
- Premium CPU block design allows excellent heat dissipation.
- Excellent support for both Intel and AMD platforms.
- Loop creation is super easy thanks to the included parts and tubing.
- Superior CPU block quality; doesn’t corrode easily.
- Leaks aren’t a problem with the XH303i!
Here are the components of this hardline cooling kit:
- Corsair XC7 RGB CPU block
- XR5 360-radiator
- Corsair XD3 pump/reservoir
- XL5 clear coolant
- 8x 14mm hardline fittings
- 2x angled adapters
- 250mm filling bottle
- 3x Corsair SP 120 RGB fans
- Cosair iCUE Commander PRO+RGB Hub
The Corsair iCUE software offers an excellent user experience when it comes to PC RGB lighting. In terms of functionality, you will find no better option than this. And it’s one o the reasons why the XH303i is such a popular CPU cooling kit.
Because of the superior build quality of the blocks and fin distribution of the radiator, the heat dissipation performance is simply top-notch. As always, with Corsair water cooling kits, it’s very rare to see CPUs reach 90-degrees, even at heavy sustained loads.
Also, (and it is a noteworthy feature) the XH303i is super easy to use. The instructions that come in the box are well documented. So, whether you’re an expert or a novice, you should have no problems getting started.
Keep in mind that the Corsair iCUE software still needs some optimization for seamless use (the software is resource hungry!). But that’s just a single snag against an array of excellent features.
From both a performance and aesthetic standpoint, it’s one of the very few options out there that’s going to satisfy you. Otherwise, why would I put this in the review for the best water cooling kit of 2021?
6. Thermaltake Pacific M240 D5
As long as high-quality cooling kits are on your wishlist, you will like the Pacific M240 water cooling kit from Thermaltake.
One of the key features of this kit is that it has excellent construction. And that’s hard to beat given the price point of the M240 D5 cooling kit.
Highlighted Features of Thermaltake Pacific M240 D5:
- 15mm-fin for excellent heat dissipation.
- Copper base along with nickel plating for precision heat draining.
- High-quality pump/reservoir materials offer excellent performance.
- Excellent RGB controls offer decent aesthetics.
- The static pressure fans allow for proper heat extraction from your rig.
This water cooling kit comes with:
- Pacific W3 CPU water block
- Pacific PR-15 D5 pump reservoir
- Pacific R240 Radiator
- C-pro chrome fittings (set of 6)
- 90-degree chrome adapter (set of 2)
- Thermeltake Riing 12-RGB LED fans (set of 3)
- 16mm PETG tube (pack of 4)
- Other accessories
The highlighted features may not paint the complete picture.
But from a user standpoint, I can say that it’s a solid performer. Thanks to the decent quality materials, this cooling kit is capable of keeping temps down on high-end Intel and AMD CPUs. And you can get decent overclocking numbers with this cooling kit.
In terms of aesthetics, the RGB performance is acceptable as well. It’s not anything too extravagant, but it can offer adequate illumination. As a whole, you will come to appreciate it.
High-quality materials, excellent controls, and decent RGB performance: all of these features offer a more-than-acceptable performance as a whole. But the finishing of the water cooling kit isn’t up to the mark.
Still, (like all the previous cooling kits) the cooling performance is to our liking. For this reason, the M240 water cooling kit has a spot in our review for the best water cooling kit.
7. Bewinner Water Cooling Kit for PC
Many of you may not even know this brand. But the Bewinner PC water cooling kit is a suitable option for novices who want to get started with PC water cooling.
Although it’s not the best cooling kit on the market, it’s a clear choice for new enthusiasts in general.
Highlighted Features of Bewinner Water Cooling Kit:
- A budget-oriented water cooling kit for entry-level enthusiasts.
- Excellent thermal dissipation performance.
- There’s support for both Intel and AMD platforms.
- The 240mm rad comes with an 18-pipe aluminum design.
- There’s no possibility of any leaking.
- The helix design adds aesthetic value to the overall design.
These are the things you’ll find with this CPU liquid cooling kit:
- 240mm heatsink (black)
- Green LED fans (set of 2)
- CPU liquid cooling block
- Water pump
- Cylindrical reservoir (+spiral belt)
- 50cm PETG green tube (6-piece pack)
- Dual-touch fitting (6-piece pack)
From a performance perspective, I can positively say that it’s a decent cooling kit. The temps will never reach the dangerous threshold (upper 90’s). And it can sustain heavy loads for a decent amount of time. So, you can get away with some overclocking.
As for the lighting, well, it gets the job. The parts are mostly green, so getting the aesthetics right may be an issue. But if you’re just looking for performance, then this kit will get the job done for you. Just make sure to keep your expectations low!
Yes, it’s a budget cooling kit. But that doesn’t mean it’s not worth taking a look at. The parts may feel cheap. And the CPU block does need additional pressure to sit on the motherboard.
But if you consider the pricing, then you should be able to look past the shortcomings. As a matter of fact, once you look at the cooling performance, you’ll see why it’s listed as one of the best liquid cooling kits for 2021.
So, I will leave you with a choice. As an entry-level user, why would you not go for the Bewinner water cooling kit?
I hope you have some good reasoning for it!
Finding the best water cooling kit among so many potent choices is tough. As a matter of fact, you may find yourself in a tough spot when choosing the right CPU liquid cooling option for yourself.
But I can assure you of one thing. All of these liquid cooling kits are in our list for a reason. Sure, they are not perfect. But they will allow you to get better performance out of your Intel or AMD processor.
So, you can be certain that you will get your money’s worth whichever option you choose.