When you connect your AirPods to your Mac and run GarageBand, it will show that no input is selected. The most annoying feature is that you won’t be able to select an input channel because both of your AirPods will be greyed out. That is a poor way to begin your day of music production; you should try something different.
I’ve been using GarageBand for audio editing for a year now, and since you’re here, I’ll do everything I can to assist you in solving your problem. In most circumstances, shutting off and restarting your computer numerous times in fast succession may resolve the issue. You cannot hear what is being recorded in GarageBand because the Monitoring button in the Smart Controls or on the track header is inactive.
Another possibility is that your computer’s Input/Output settings in GarageBand’s Preferences are incorrectly set up. That may get you out of the difficulty temporarily, but if you are looking for a lasting solution, read this article to the end and figure out a solution. Even though it requires more of your time, that choice looks to be hand
Why Is AirPods Not Working With GarageBand?
The incorrect audio input selection inside GarageBand is primarily responsible for the AirPods no longer functioning when paired with GarageBand. There are a variety of reasons why the headphones may not connect successfully, and one of them is having other programs running in the background, which prevents the headphones from connecting correctly.
How to Fix AirPods not Working with GarageBand
If you are using an older version of our editing tool, you may no longer have access to your AirPods. There are so many flaws and errors in the Mac and the AirPods that addressing them is not worthwhile. Both products are imperfect.
It is conceivable that Garageband will only recognize your Bluetooth headset with many attempts. The Apple AirPod Pro is the device that serves as Mac’s audio output the bulk of the time.
You have the option of using your AirPods as the input instrument. Utilizing them is entirely optional. Additionally, an additional microphone is available for use by anybody interested. The following fixes should be implemented while using your AirPods with GarageBand:
Make sure AirPod is Connected
We are aware that this statement may appear to be stating the obvious. On the other hand, we have had several talks with persons who removed their headphones and spent considerable time seeking to remedy this issue.
Ridiculous! In addition to possessing an aura of fun, it is also humorous.
- To make your AirPods the default sound output device on your Mac, just pull down the menu bar, click the symbol that resembles a pair of headphones, and then choose your AirPods from the resulting drop-down menu.
That is an excellent summary of the situation. Determine whether or not the issue has been remedied by investigating the current situation. If this is not the case, go to the following possible remedy.
Select Input & Output
You have the incorrect audio device selected in the GarageBand program, which prevents you from listening to audio with your AirPods. This is because GarageBand is built to function with headphones and not with wireless earbuds. In the great majority of cases, this problem occurs when you attach an additional sound device to your Mac and neglect to change the settings subsequently.
Consult the user-friendly instructions to acquire the information required to configure your audio equipment properly. The following steps must be taken to pick the appropriate input and output devices for your system:
- Choose System Preferences from the drop-down menu of accessible choices on the device’s main menu.
- Launch the system settings, then choose a sound from the list of widgets that appears under the sound heading.
- Click the “Output” option at the top of the dashboard to view the results of your efforts.
- Choose your AirPod by making a selection from the supplied drop-down menu.
- Once you have selected the output device, go to the “input” page.
- Here, you may choose the sound that will be played over your Bluetooth headset.
You should evaluate your hearing by playing anything in GarageBand and determining whether you can hear it. That should end the difficulty you’ve been experiencing. Nonetheless, you will need to modify its construction if this is not the case.
Make Changes to Your Audio Settings
Putting this skill into practice is not at all problematic. Currently, all that is required of you is to access the audio preferences and make a few minor adjustments.
You may modify your audio selections in GarageBand by following the steps below:
- Turn on your Mac and open the GarageBand application.
- To modify the GarageBand settings, go to the very top of the dashboard and click on the icon that resembles a garage door.
- Once there, you will have access to the audio/midi tab.
- After clicking the audio output drop-down menu, select “AirPod” from the “built-in audio/midi” drop-down option. To access this option, pick “AirPod” from the audio output drop-down menu.
- Continue to the input area, where you will repeat the procedure.
- Simply closing the window will address the issue; consequently, no more action is required.
That is an excellent summary of the situation. If you find that GarageBand and your AirPods are no longer compatible, you should attempt the following. If you suspect GarageBand is causing a delay in the sound coming from your AirPods, go to the following section.
How to Fix GarageBand Delay AirPods Sound
This is what occurs when a latency issue has been identified. Listen to what I am saying! This is a highly regular occurrence while utilizing a Bluetooth-connected headset. There is no surefire method to avoid dealing with this problem. On the other hand, I do have some recommendations for preventing future difficulties. As a result of applying them, you will notice a decrease in latency. Even if they attempt, they cannot completely resolve the issue.
The following measures should be taken when using GarageBand to lessen the likelihood of experiencing latency-related issues:
- Updated software for the AirPods You may reduce the slow user interface you are now experiencing by getting the most recent AirPods update. Place the earbuds in the charging case, navigate to the mobile device’s settings menu and choose the “general” and “about” pages. Scroll down until your AirPod is visible, and then click on it. Select “upgrade to the latest version” from the resulting drop-down menu. After the update has been implemented, it is necessary to assess whether the latency issue has been rectified. If you feel that the GarageBand application is the source of the problem, you may try installing its most recent software version.
- When connected to the internet, GarageBand will routinely do automatic updates; consequently, you should never be concerned with manually executing the update. Alternatively, you will need to update the program if this does not occur manually. To upgrade GarageBand, please follow these instructions: Launch the App Store on your iOS device > Try searching for GarageBand in the “Search” section of the menu. Simply click on the “Update” button. Due to the duration of this procedure, the program will not be updated and loaded through the app store instantly.
- Thereafter, there is nothing else you will need. After the update has been loaded on your smartphone, consider modifying your music library.
When attempting to use AirPods with GarageBand, you may encounter a variety of issues. We have complete confidence in your ability to handle things on your own, and as an added benefit, we have ensured you have access to any resources you may need.
Simply adhering to these uncomplicated solutions will allow you to resolve these issues quickly: Ensure that all of your devices have the most recent software installed, carefully select the devices that will be used for input and output, and, as a final step, modify the GarageBand settings so that they are compatible with the appliances you will be using.
How do I play GarageBand through headphones?
Select the Audio/Midi icon from the menu found within the “Preferences” box, and then click on it. There are two drop-down menus directly below the “Devices” heading. When you navigate to the “Output Device” area of the software, you can select either the speakers or the headphones that will be used to play audio.
Do AirPods work as a mic when recording on GarageBand?
You may have the brilliant notion of utilizing your AirPods or AirPods Pro as a wireless microphone when recording iPhone selfie videos. This will enable you to record audio without worrying about cords getting in the way. Consider giving this a try if you already possess a pair of AirPods or AirPods Pro. The issue is that you will not be able to accomplish your objective with the iPhone’s default camera app. Apple’s software could not activate Bluetooth microphones when it was first released.