The fact that Google Meet does not need any additional software to be downloaded or installed is undoubtedly its most appealing characteristic. However, this will not have any impact on the clarity or volume of your conference calls. You can point the finger at your Apple headphones if anything like this happens.
Don’t fret. The vast majority of Apple AirPods users have, at some point or another, been frustrated by Google Meet’s incompatibility with their headphones. We conducted extensive research into the problem and came up with a variety of ideas for possible solutions, as you might anticipate from a group of techies. Continue reading because the answer can be found here. Do not get ahead of yourself; we will go through the answers in greater depth later.
Why does my AirPods sound muffle on Google Meet?
There are a few possibilities as to why your AirPods appear muted on Google Meet. One option is that the earbuds are partially sealed. This suggests that they include air pockets, which might cause the AirPods to sound muffled.
Another possibility is that the Google Meeting app uses a different codec than your headphones, causing the AirPods to seem louder than they are. There might be a number of reasons why your AirPods microphone isn’t working. It might be due to a problem with the AirPods or the audio connection between your phone and AirPods.
If your AirPods aren’t making any noise, make sure you’re using the appropriate headphones and microphone. There are several reasons why your Bluetooth mic isn’t functioning in Google Meet. One possibility is that your phone is not Bluetooth-compatible. Another option is that the connection between your phone and the meeting location is not strong enough.
If you are unable to connect to Google Meet, consider utilizing an audio cord rather than Bluetooth. If your Google Meet microphone isn’t working, there might be a hardware problem. To troubleshoot the issue, press the talk button on your phone and listen to what comes out to see whether the microphone is working correctly. If the microphone stops working, you may need to replace it.
How to Fix AirPods Not Working on Google Meet
Users may have a variety of issues with their AirPods, including the inability to use the double-tap functionality, a sudden loss of connectivity, neither pod operating correctly, and several other problems. Despite this, it is the best listening kit available since it is of good quality, has a polished finish, and recovers quickly.
Recently, an issue that has plagued AirPods for some time now is that they need to work correctly on video conferencing services such as Google Meet or Zoom. According to accounts, even though the problem does not stay long, it occurs frequently. Assume you’ve registered for an online course or attended an important company meeting.
You are unable to participate in the conversation since you cannot hear the other participants, but they can listen to what you have to say. If this describes your scenario in any way, the solutions provided below are for you.
The answers to the problem of AirPods not working with Google Meet are as follows:
Check your Audio before the Meeting
The opportunity to test your audio and visual connection before joining a meeting is a fantastic feature of Google Meet. The actions required to do this are not complex at all.
Follow these procedures before attending an appointment to confirm that your audio is operating correctly:
- Click on the link provided to accept the meeting invitation.
- You may use your microphone and camera to record and share what you see and hear with others.
- To do so, click the Check your audio and video icon just below your image.
- Use the speakers that come with your PC or Mac to ensure a successful gathering.
- When you’re ready to join, click the button to the right of the window that says Ask to join.
This is the primary technique for testing the status of your audio connection before attending a meeting. If you need help finding something else, proceed to the next step.
Check your Computer’s Audio
It’s likely that you mistakenly pressed the mute button; if so, you’re not alone; many people do. It is conceivable that the volume will be reduced. As a result, it is in your best interest to run a thorough audio system examination on your computer. You may check the audio on your PC using spotlight search by following these steps:
- Start the search using Spotlight.
- Try Googling for audio MIDI and then selecting the top recommendation in the results, Audio MIDI Setup. It will open a dialogue box named Audio Devices.
- In the left pane of the window, look for the Macbook Pro Speakers option. It’s fine as long as there’s a sound output symbol.
- If the sound icon does not appear, right-click on it and select the Use This Device For Sound Output option.
- The computer must be rebooted.
Check to check whether everything is working correctly now.
Check your Mic Settings
It’s likely that your current Privacy Settings are preventing Google Meet from accessing your microphone. As a result, altering the mic settings may improve your situation. It is simple to check your microphone settings; simply follow these steps:
- Navigate to System.
- Select the Sound option.
- Make your device’s microphone the default input device.
- After selecting Troubleshoot, your computer will attempt to diagnose and solve any audio issues it discovers. Please be patient while it completes this task.
- Return to the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the Privacy menu.
- Pick the Microphone option in the left pane and scroll down to select it.
Simply allowing microphone access takes a press on the Change button.
You must turn on the switch to allow programs access to your microphone.
Change Bluetooth Settings
It is pretty unusual for AirPods users to see inconsistencies in their Bluetooth connections. Because AirPods only operate when linked to a Bluetooth network, any disturbance to that network will leave the headphones useless.
The following are the techniques for changing Bluetooth settings:
- Turn on your device’s Bluetooth feature.
- Tap on the device you want to work on to choose it.
- Remove it from the available devices list.
- Turn the gadget back on after it has been turned off.
- Restart Bluetooth and reconnect your AirPods.
Check to verify whether everything is working correctly. I really hope it does since it has cleared up a lot of issues for a lot of individuals.
Review the Browser Settings
Because Google Meet is solely available through the browser and does not require any extra applications, even minor changes to the browser settings may render AirPods useless. It goes without saying that you should be using the most recent version of Chrome. Check out these instructions just to be sure. The techniques for evaluating browser settings are as follows:
- Visit Google.com.
- To begin, click on the lock icon to the left of the address bar. A popup window will display.
- Select the Settings option from the menu.
- Make sure your microphone is turned on and accessible so that Google Meet may utilize it. You may get to it using the Permissionsallow-microphone-Google-Meets menu item.
- To access your browser’s menu, click the three-dot sign.
- Go to the History section.
- From the menu on the left, select the option to Clear browsing data.
- From the menu, choose Clear Data.
When you’re through doing this, close your browser and restart it. After that, check to see if your AirPods are working correctly.
Clear Google Meet’s Cookies
If your AirPods are still not working correctly, try deleting the cookies from your Google Meet account. It appears that this has worked for some folks. The techniques for deleting cookies from Google Meet are as follows:
- To access the menu in the top right corner of your browser, click the three-dot icon.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Choose Security and Privacy from the list on the left.
- Navigate to the Security and Privacy area of the site to access Site Settings.
- Locate and visit the Google.com website.
- From the menu, choose Clear Data.
Log into your Google account to verify if it is operational.
Check Site Permissions
It is likely that your browser will automatically configure some settings, preventing Google Meet from connecting to your Pods. So, look at the permissions, and I’ll show you how to change them below. The following actions can be used to verify a site’s authorization:
- Navigate to chrome:/settings/content/microphone to adjust your microphone settings in Chrome.
- Check the box that says Allow websites to seek permission to use your microphone. It is located in the section titled Default behavior.
Restart the browser and check the link to the meeting invitation to ensure that the AirPods are working correctly.
Update Audio Drivers
An outdated driver might be the source of AirPod’s sound quality issues. As a result, you might try updating the drivers for your audio device. It’s worth a chance since you never know. The following are the steps that must be followed in order to upgrade your system’s audio drivers:
- Navigate to the Device Manager menu. Simply begin typing Device Manager into the search bar at the top of the start menu, and then choose the suggestion that displays.
- Select the sound, video, and game controllers from the available options.
- When you right-click on the microphone, select update drivers from the context menu that displays.
You may now consider your computer’s audio driver upgrades to have been finished successfully.
Finally, many individuals have checked and verified the remedies we previously gave for the problem of AirPods not working. As a result, you should continue with caution and adhere to the guidelines. Also, please let us know if you have anything more imminent that would help with the sound on the AirPods. If you are experiencing the same problem, we recommend closing all tabs save the one for Google Meet and seeing whether or not this improves performance.
How do I enable headphones on Google Meet?
After tapping the More Options option, go to Settings. Instead of selecting Default device, pick the camera, microphone, headset, or speakers options. If you’re using a USB headset with a microphone, you should see a microphone and speaker choice that reads something like USB Headset.
Why are my AirPods not working on Google Meet?
Begin by clicking the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen. When the Start menu appears, type Microphone privacy settings into the search field and press Enter. Choose the first setting option that appears on the screen. Ensure the switch at the top of your device labeled Allow programs to access your microphone is switched on.
Does Google work with AirPods?
Yes, AirPods are compatible with Android devices. Because at their foundation, AirPods are still Bluetooth earphones, they are compatible with Samsung handsets as well as other Android devices. The earbuds are compatible with any device that has Bluetooth compatibility, which includes the vast majority of Windows computers and certain smart TVs.